View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #9
spark00

mike, i agree with most of your comparison. i love both cars but love the boxster just a bit more.

i bought 99 boxster in march and my buddy bought 04 s2000 in april. the one thing i wish boxster had was s2000's gear box and shifter. shifter is place with a armrest center console and you only have to flick your wrists to change gears. go and test drive it if you haven't yet. handling on s2000 is very tight and feels more like a sports car than boxster. i felt like i was driving a luxery car after driving my buddy's s2000. last thing is that roof top operates a lot faster in s2000. it seems like it takes 4 to 5 seconds to get the top down but then it doesn't hide the soft top like the boxster.
few negative things as mentioned is the gage. it's cheesy as hell and toy like. the other is the engine noise. having a nice tone is one thing but it's too loud inside the cockpit. my buddy misses every phone call whenever he's driving.

honda vs porsche. i'm the only porsche owner among my friends and starting to be known as the guy with the porsche. guy with the honda doesn't have the same ring to it. haha. i guess that's where all that extra money went.

btw, boxster had 36k miles on it and i drove 6k miles in 3 months including round trip to toronto which was 600 miles each way. absolutely no problems with the car what so ever and loving it.
spark00 is offline   Reply With Quote