View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
John V

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve00s
John V, you seem pretty jazzed about the LSD. Can you elaborate on how it has improved the car? Just when I think I've done all I can something else comes along.
As I said, I don't have one. But it would be the first modification I would do.

The main problem I have experienced with my stock-class Boxster is not that it moves around too much or that it doesn't have enough negative camber - it's that it is rather difficult to put the power down without one tire going up in smoke. Certain courses are worse than others. An LSD would cure this - and the car would be more driveable and faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer d
I don't disagree that the Khumo is much slower (than Hoosier) and I know many folks who like the stick and longevity vs the Hoosiers and who think they are better than Hoosiers, I just am not yet in that camp. Then again, I am sure like others, I have been quicker on RA-1s at times than others on either the Hooiser or Khumo.. Driver skill and basic vehicle prep also play into the equation.
The Kumho has been the dominant tire at Nationals for the past couple years - that should be pretty good indication that it's as fast or faster than the Hoosier.

If you're as quick on RA-1s as on the V710 or A6... the tire is obviously not the limiting factor. RA-1s and Victos are great tires, but not in the same league as the V710 / A6.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote