Thread: New Toy
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
MNBoxster

Update - Arrgh!!!

Hi,

Went to the Dealership today, Check and Ins. Card in hand. Vehicle all prepped and ready to go.

But, as we were finalizing all the paperwork, I noticed that the VIN on the Title was incorrect. A quick search revealed that they had sent another Buyer out the door with the wrong Title!!!

So, they contacted the other Buyer and are having the correct Titles swapped. Needless to say, I did not want to complete the deal without a proper and correct Title, so everything's delayed until tomorrow on my little Italian Black Beauty.

BTW, here's a stock photo of it. It's a Vespa GT 200 Grantourismo, a truly Modern Touring Scooter w/ 21 HP, 4-Stroke, Liquid Cooled, 200cc Engine capable of 80 MPH (Vespa states 74 MPH, but every owner I've spoken to says they all get an indicated 80 MPH (90+MPH with an Exhaust and Cam)), 0-60 times of 8.9 sec. (a Scooter remember) and 72MPG. It has 12" Michelin Pilot Sports, Dual Hydraulic Disc Brakes, an Immobilizer system, Electric Start, and CVT Transmission, even a Cell Phone recharging port. Mrs. MNBoxster and I are going Helmet Shopping for her tonight.

I'll post actual pics of our Scooter once I pick it up, by the weekend at the latest, though it is the same color combo as this stock photo...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 05-30-2007 at 08:30 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote