View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #10
racer_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Geist
The camber plates that I have seen would most certainly raise the ride height of your car. I am not sure if they are all like that. If they are you would probably want the lowering springs just to get your ride back to normal. Except for track or autocross where you would probably want it lower than normal. Either way you sound like you would be spending almost as much for camber plates and lowering springs as you would for a set of coilovers. If you are going to track or autocross I would highly suggest you spend the few extra $$ and get the coilovers. The ride is a bit stiffer but worth it. Two of the nicest thing about the coilovers I have found is that you can adjust the stiffness in a few seconds and the ride height in about a half hour.
Um.. technically, all Boxsters HAVE coilovers. What you really mean to say is "adjustable" coil overs.

Camber plates are about $300-500. Springs are nother $300-500. All this plus install. A "quality" set of "coilovers" or a set up like Bilsteins PSS9s are about $2000 plus install. JIC, Cross and other set-ups can run closer to $6K in parts, plus install labor (about $1000 seemingly anywhere as its quite a bit of work to change out the rears). How fast do you want to go? How much you want to spend.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote