View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
Subanez

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Chuggin' and Shudderin'

Okay, so I replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor about a month ago, brought it into the Porsche shop, they ran the remaining codes, fixed an O2 pump, and the car was running beautifully. Porsche said all's well, and I embarked on a 1,200 mile road trip in two days to bring me down into the glorious ::ahem:: hills of MIssissippi.

However, when the car is just starting to "warm up," it shudders and almost stalls when I give it gas, EXACTLY like how the car was when I got the Check Engine Light and had to replace the MAF sensor. Though there's plenty of oil, and just had an oil change, sometimes the little "oil" light blinks for a split second as the car is about to stall. It sounds like its gulping air, and there's no response in RPMs from the engine, even when I push the throttle all the way in. Then, suddenly, it lunges forward, and everything is fine. It almost sounds like there are small "pops" every once in a while, a disturbing sound like the engine might be hinting at a detonation.

It does this for about the first couple of miles, then it runs fine, though there seems to be more "click-click-click-click" noise than normal when in first gear.

So has my brand-new MAF Sensor already become soiled on the long drive here? Is it something else? Should I be worried about Vacuum seals?

Remember, there's no Check Engine Light going on, so I'm a tad confused. Nearest Porsche dealership is in Birmingham Alabama, about 100 miles away.

Thanks!!!

-Kevin

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote