View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
chgolatin2

Well, I think she's gone!

After doing some mods to the car, exhaust, intake and headers and spending quite of bit of my hard earned money I think my car will be laid to rest soon. Today I was driving my beauty around for most of the day without ANY problems, all of a sudden. My engine cought on fire, the whole interior of the engine compartment is burnt up and when I got out of the car I heard a loud explosion coming from the engine compartment. Since I am a firefighter I try to but the flames out however I didnt have the necessary equipment of tools to do the job effectively. Needless to say I call my fire dept out to assist and they drowned my car.

My interior is intack besides the read panels that is completely melted and gone, flame and smoke came out of the intake and under the engine area. I notice that I heard a weird noise when I was driving and all of a sudden she was on FIRE I never had an issue with a car burning on me but its kinda strange that I just recently picked up the car from my Porsche indy shop on the 18th. Lastly, when the car was catching on fire it looked like the headers and 02 sensors were flaming. So I dont know. The car is intack besides the other areas that I mention.

Damn it, and I was just starting to enjoy the car so with that said I dont think that the insurance will repair the car since stuff like this is usually declaired a totaled lost Any other ideas?
chgolatin2 is offline   Reply With Quote