Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Video Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #1

My First AutoX-Warminster, PA

AutoX Porsche Boxster - YouTube

I had a great time eventhough I was one of the slowest drivers there. I was in the Novice Group, My car was classified as C-Street Prepared instead of C-stock because I had Eibach Springs installed.
Everyone came prepared with spare race compound tires, extra suspension parts, high end tools, trailers, fire extinguishers and water tanks to cool down the engine and tires, etc.

Lots of people there expected my car to be quick through the course, but the best time I managed was 54.11 seconds out of 4 runs with my slowest time being 56.85 seconds. I slid around so much on my 2 year old cheap tires. I think with more practice and better street tires, I could have gotten 49 seconds.

In comparison, a 1st gen Mazda MX-5 with 9 inch wide race tires, stripped interior, straight pipe exhaust, coilovers, and no A/C completed it in 49 seconds.

Another novice with a G35 coupe did it in 61 seconds.
And a modified RX-8 with race tires did it in 43 seconds.

Anyways, I am now addicted to the sport and definitely attending more events.