Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Video Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #1

had to take a drive

the weather finally got nice enough for long enough that i had to get away from my desk and drop the top. went for a drive around town and got a chance to test out the GoPro i got a few weeks ago. nothing too exciting but i did see another boxster. later i went for a few more drives and came across another boxster, a cayenne and a 914. the guy in the 914 was the only one to wave back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oOgCt-Xhjc

(i think the "rattling" is the camera in the housing. need to find a way to stop that!)

Old 04-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #2

Thanks for this video, I enjoyed watching it, as it bought back a lot of memories when I was in my college days. (I attended Johns Hopkins).

There was a section towards the west of Baltimore that had roads just like the ones you were driving. There was this one section during the spring/summer where the road felt like a nature made tunnel because it was completely covered by the shades of trees. Then after breaking away from the shades was a just massive flat lands of green grass. I remember distinctly a small barn with horses to my left amidst the endless view of green and a man-made lake. Unforgettable. I was in a z4 those days, but was all the same. These cars really need the right environment.

Fast track, 6 years later, where I'm in the city all the time, where lowering the top would result in audible cusses or suffocation from pollution.
Rui725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #3

Garage
Wave

I try waving to other porsche owners
Not a Large wave ...more like a quick movement of 4 fingers
off of the steering wheel....not huge but noticeable
kinda of a salute
I have yet to have one wave back...

Having been riding in the motorcycle scene for over 20 years
we always wave/hand signal back
I'd say 80% return the jesture

Maybe its not part of the "Porsche code"
I'll still keep doing it....maybe it'll catch on...

enjoy the spring...keep the top down as much as you can
Chris