Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
2001 RUF 3800S

Ultra Rare Viola Metallic Porsche Boxster S

Hey,

This is my second Boxster, my last one was a 02 Boxster non S. Really can not compare the both. I just love this one.

Its an 2001 Boxster S 50,000KM, viola metallic exterior, sport chrono pacakge, PSM (amazing), Xenons, and a bunch of other little options that come with the S.

The best part about this car is, since it was a special order it was made in GERMANY! Not many boxster owners can say that. The color alone was a 4000USD option back in 01 and after talking with a few Porsche dealerships apparently there is only 12 of this kind in the world. Please if you have one like this msg me.

I put on a stebro sport exhaust last year and it just makes a beautiful sound. Also looking into the "gold 93" chip, heard good things.

Please comment, negatives or positives

PICTURES ARE NOT THE BEST, QUICK IPHONE SNAPS

Last edited by violametallic-S-; 09-14-2009 at 06:22 PM.
violametallic-S- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #2

the car looks blue-black... right?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
2001 RUF 3800S

Those pictures not do any justice I will have to repost ones in the actual sun. This color is tricky, when its in the sun its purple then it changes to dark blue-ish and at night im sure people think its black. I will post some more pictures when its cleaned up and the suns out.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #4

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by violametallic-S-
Hey,

This is my second Boxster, my last one was a 02 Boxster non S. Really can not compare the both. I just love this one.

Its an 2001 Boxster S 50,000KM, viola metallic exterior, sport chrono pacakge, PSM (amazing), Xenons, and a bunch of other little options that come with the S.

The best part about this car is, since it was a special order it was made in GERMANY! Not many boxster owners can say that. The color alone was a 4000USD option back in 01 and after talking with a few Porsche dealerships apparently there is only 12 of this kind in the world. Please if you have one like this msg me.

I put on a stebro sport exhaust last year and it just makes a beautiful sound. Also looking into the "gold 93" chip, heard good things.

we have a 2001 boxster too! 68000km's
perhaps it's one of the 12 in the world
our's is fully loaded with more then $40.000's on options,
the viola metallic colour , green interior, GT3 18" wheels, Tiptronic, Sports steering wheel, PCM, PSM, Sports exhaust, Full leather interior, Hardtop , Li-tronic lamps, etc...
also german build car.
we are from belgium ,
only 10 to go!

Jan Van Laer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Hey,

Sport Chrono? I didn't think that was offered until the 987. Do you have the timer built into the dashboard?
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #6

Nonetheless a beautiful color indeed. I am a sucker for off and rather unique colors. Enjoy my friend!
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:37 AM   #7

Ah, I see. Kinda midnight purple or cranberry. Hard to describe, but a very nice paint choice.

Jan, you've a pristine example of the car with options rarely seen... the rear proximity sensors in particular. Take no offense, but did that interior color grow on you or was it a buying decision, or did you order it that way?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Hey,

Really nice car, are you in the Ottawa region?

I also like your third photo

How fast were you going when you got pulled over??
VRsyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
2001 RUF 3800S

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRsyncro
Really nice car, are you in the Ottawa region?

I also like your third photo

How fast were you going when you got pulled over??

Hey, yes Im in the Ottawa area. I got pulled over in the first 5 minutes of taking it out for the season. But that time it wasnt for speeding, it was because I didnt have a plate on the front.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #10
2001 RUF 3800S

[QUOTE=Jan Van Laer]we have a 2001 boxster too! 68000km's
perhaps it's one of the 12 in the world
our's is fully loaded with more then $40.000's on options,
the viola metallic colour , green interior, GT3 18" wheels, Tiptronic, Sports steering wheel, PCM, PSM, Sports exhaust, Full leather interior, Hardtop , Li-tronic lamps, etc...
also german build car.
we are from belgium ,
only 10 to go!

Wow crazy I posted this a while ago. Did you do a search for the color? Welcome to viola metallic club. This is the second one Ive seen. One in England, and now yours.

Your interior is very interesting. Mine is a Metropol Blue. Can you post more pics of the interior please.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #11

Viola boxster

I also havew a 2001 Viola Boxster S...the orignal list price was $60K USD. Great color

Jrintexas2004@yahoo.com
john4394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #12

thats a nice color
cbbepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:26 AM   #13

wow thats some of the heart breaking snaps of this macho car. Thank you for posting such valuable pictures and please keep on posting it in future too. Please do post some snaps of yellow sporty boxster as it is my favourite color
Old 03-08-2023, 12:23 PM   #14

I also have a 2001 986S in VM. HIDs, TT wheels, sport seats and Sport Design interior.
I got it 7 yrs ago from VA. There are 2 others on the Boxsters FB group, one a RUF car.
scoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 03:25 PM   #15

There is another thread with pictures:

https://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/49965-official-viola-metallic-thread.html