986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Been a while... (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=677)

jfmillr 01-10-2004 09:24 PM

Been a while...

Well its been about 3 months since my performance guy took my car and we are about 3 weeks from the completion of my 986 being very modified. I decided to get rid of my Gemballa rear twin tip exhaust, if anyones interested I am selling it for $1300(6 months old, brand new its 1700 plus shipping. I am upgrading to the RUF exhaust that will come out of the rear bumper like on the 3600S. When I have some better pics toward the end of its completion I will post a lot more....

Adam 01-11-2004 12:06 AM

I saw a pic of a boxster with that ruf exhaust and it was very sweet looking. If it sounds as good as it looks, then I'm sure you will be one happy camper. Make sure you do a dyno pull, I want to know what your putting down at the tires after you have the upgrades down.

jfmillr 01-11-2004 06:36 AM

we already did the DYno. I will have to compress the video files I already have. At the wheels according to Dyno I am pushing 230 Hp. At the flywheel I am pushing 275. My last Dyno pull back six months ago said I was pushing 10-15 more HP, but it turns out the equipment was faulty at the time. Going from 220 hp to 275 is not too bad for a 2.7 :)
FYI it does sound great :)

Adam 01-11-2004 06:23 PM

Wow, 220 to 275 isn't bad at all and its still N/A right? That must have taken some serious $$$ to get that kind of gain in a boxster. That means that your 2.7L would walk all over my 260hp S, especially since 2.7L boxsters only weigh around 2,700-2,800 lbs. Will you ever do a 1/4 mile run just to see what it can do? I bet mid 13's no problem if you're good with the stick. I am looking at a package from fabspeed which adds intake,exhaust, headers, and ecu remap on a dyno and it adds a claimed 34 wheel hp. It will be awhile until I can get the money together for that though(I'm 23 and fresh out of college).

jfmillr 01-12-2004 03:32 AM

Hey Adam,
Yeah it hasnt been cheap. Yeah unfortunatly my car is still N/A for a few more weeks. I did the majority of my performance tweaks in the last year and in some of my other posts I get into exactly what has been done, but for performace tweaks only I have spent over 12 k.
The main reason my car has been N/A for the past few months is from the body kit stuff that is being installed. I already had the GT2 front nose but have added ofcourse the RUF rear exhaust and rear bumper, a Strosek rear wing(not installed on the pic above), and Gemballa sideskirts, Litronic headlights, 4 new tires (Michelin Pilot sports 275 rear 235 fronts) and my shop guy has been a little slow.
The only major perfomance tweak was done by my tech, Gunther, while car was at the Dyno a month ago when he was fixing my ECU file. he had to manually correct every breaking point on the fuel map to give my car the peak performance that he could possibly give it. It took him 5 hours on the Dyno to do it. normally with my tweaks 40 HP is all that is gauranteed but since I went the extra steps to pay for ECU to be custom remapped I got 55 HP from it.
I wish I could share my ECU file with all of those who have a 2.7, but my file is completely proprietory to my exact vehicle. Once the body kit is completly painted and installed I will post new pics.
FYI after I get it back I will use my new camcorder to do some 1/4 mile runs solo and against my buddies 'S'(which I have already beatn a few times)

Adam 01-13-2004 03:41 PM

Well, at least it's not the middle of summer right. You did the right thing by getting the thing worked on in the middle of winter. Did you have to beef up the driveline in order to handle the extra power? Also, did you see significant torque gains as well? Ever considered adding a blower to the engine?

jfmillr 01-13-2004 06:06 PM

hehe,
Actually I am considering adding a TTP Twin Turbo to the car. They claim to add about 150 Hp gain. Its a little pricey. Costs about 10-15k. But the car would have around 440 hp. Shop that is working on my car is currently doing the bolt on kit for an 'S', its sweet...Maybe next winters project for mine....at this rate since they are taking sweet time to finish what else has been done. And yes I did notice probably 25-30% in torque gain.

Adam 01-13-2004 06:35 PM

Wowsers, a 440hp boxster! You would have the ultimate boxster then Miller. I can imagine the look on the z06 driver's face now. Just the turbo costs 12k? Once you factor in the other changes that would have to be done to handle that kind of power it could get a little pricey. But, the look on the driver's face of a viper as you blow by him would be worth it!

JonnyBGood 01-13-2004 07:01 PM

Damn Jeff, do you have time to even drive it? It seems to be in the shop a lot :) When I was there a month and a half ago, they said it was there. I asked if I could see it, and they told me they were doing your exhaust and the aero kit.

At this rate, you won't get your boxster until next summer. Thanks for the recommendation on the shop. Really good guys.

JBG

jfmillr 01-13-2004 07:46 PM

Yeah they have taken their sweet time to work on it. GLad to see you made it by Pitstop. Considering having some work done. I plan to have my car back by middle February. I will most likely drive it from March til next November 1 and put it back in the shop for more mods. The turbos installed comes to about 15 k.
Yeah they are good guys just pretty busy....