Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2017, 11:11 AM   #1
A6P

Revived White 986 after 10 years of sitting

so i had this car in my house for a while now around 10 years now and hadnt had the time to fix it from working so much, finally got around to it.

i towed the car to my shop, car was not getting any fuel, so i changed the fuel pump, cleaned out the gas tank completely.

I decided to do little maintenance on it since its been so long, changed the spark plugs, air filter, oil change (mobil 1).

car ran at this point but was hesitating, so i changed the MAF sensor and problem was fixed.

then i realized the key would be out of the car but the dash lights would not go off and the car would ring when the door was open, so i changed the ignition switch first since its cheapest to start with and after that worked perfect.

when i got this car it had the radio stolen from it, so i decided to change one with a screen and navigation even tho i never use it.
then I changed the shift boot leather since it was very worn out, and decided why not the center armrest compartment lid as well. why not since car only has 49,000 miles on it.

Repainted the Calipers and put in some new Rotors and painted rims gloss black as well ( paint is peel-able and no its not plastidip as you can see its very glossy.)

tinted the taillights and side markers as well

the rear window vinyl was a disgusting yellow color so i replaced that as well. so car is running perfect as we speak!!

p.s idk why images look like crap... sorry in advance
also this is my first post, idk if it was suppose to be on general posts or show and tell.... so mods change it if its wrong.

Last edited by A6P; 03-29-2017 at 01:11 PM.
A6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
A6P

Also changed tires and a lot of other little things just Incase anyone wants to know, or buy it from me

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #3

Hot dog! Way to wake up a hibernating Boxster! Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
benjamminfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
A6P

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminfla View Post
Hot dog! Way to wake up a hibernating Boxster! Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Thank you
Old 03-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #5

Garage
Good job! what kind of paint used on wheels and why did you paint versus Powder Coat wheels?
Old 03-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
A6P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Good job! what kind of paint used on wheels and why did you paint versus Powder Coat wheels?
Thanks We just got a ton of a new vynl spray called autodip so I thought to try it out and didn't powder coat them because I thought if I sold it, maybe the future owner wouldn't like it black

Last edited by A6P; 03-29-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:26 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6P View Post
Also changed tires and a lot of other little things just Incase anyone wants to know, or buy it from me

When I didn't see tires in your original post, I was going to advise strongly that it be done Glad to see another Boxster back on the road, it looks great
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:36 AM   #8
A6P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
When I didn't see tires in your original post, I was going to advise strongly that it be done Glad to see another Boxster back on the road, it looks great
that was second thing i did besides trying to get it running first, they were all dry and cracked, and thanks.