Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #1

Garage
Boxster s umbrella

Got this for Christmas so we can leave the speed humps on and it gives the convertible a break. Plus clear side markers.

Old 12-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #2

Garage
Boxster s umbrella

Damn, I got excited when I read the title and thought someone had found the genuine umbrella that fits into that little sill compartment.

Your cover does sound like it will be a positive addition to your speedster lifestyle though

*edit* I feel silly now, 9-a-part sell them new so they're not rare. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2 F182643161209

Last edited by Silver'; 12-26-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Silver' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:33 PM   #3
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
The cover looks good! I would just caution you about using it if it's windy or the car is dirty, unless it's garaged, the flapping material could cause paint scratches/swirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver' View Post
Damn, I got excited when I read the title and thought someone had found the genuine umbrella that fits into that little sill compartment.
I refused to buy one of those when they where still available (the original 986/996 one), I don't care if it says Porsche on it, I'm not paying $79 for an umbrella. A generic black umbrella fits in there just fine (a compact collapsable one).

Last edited by rick3000; 12-27-2019 at 02:39 AM. Reason: spelling
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:39 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
I refused to buy one of those when they where still available (the original 986/996 one), I don't care if it says Porsche on it, I'm not paying $79 for an umbrella. A generic black umbrella fits in there just fine.

Some would say that an MR2 would fit in you driveway just fine - but I haven’t bought the genuine umbrella either so I guess that means that I agree with you!

I’ve had trouble finding one with a narrow enough handle, so they may get my money yet...

Silver' is offline   Reply With Quote