Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #1

Has anyone tried the EZ Lip on their 986?

I was just browsing amazon looking for some parts and I came across this universal lip spoiler called EZ Lip (https://www.ezlip.com/). I couldn't really find any pictures of it on a stock 986 bumper, so I was just wondering if anyone tried it on theirs and how it turned out?

martsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:53 AM   #2

Garage

All the Z4M guys put these on - called an "M-Stache". really improves the look, IMHO. Can't visualize how it would work on a 986 tho, it seems too rounded to take a splitter or front spoiler, no?
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post

All the Z4M guys put these on - called an "M-Stache". really improves the look, IMHO. Can't visualize how it would work on a 986 tho, it seems too rounded to take a splitter or front spoiler, no?
Yeah, I'm not sure about using it on a rounded bumper either. I found these pics, but the angle isn't great.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:50 AM   #4
Usercpy

Garage
Not too bad, Nice.
is it paintable?
Old 04-25-2015, 12:15 PM   #5
Custom User Title Here

Garage
FYI: the "EZ Lip" is a foam rubber garage door seal that has just been re-packaged and the price multiplied about 10x.

It's not paintable and they can be found much cheaper at home improvement stores ($5 - $10).
Being foam rubber held on with double sided tape, I don't see it holding up well. I'm sure it folds back on itself at highway speeds.

Garage door seal

"EZ Lip". That some pricey packaging!

Last edited by particlewave; 04-25-2015 at 12:37 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:36 PM   #6

Are there any other lip options for the 986? Would the super cup lip work on a stock Boxster bumper?
Old 04-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martsink View Post
Are there any other lip options for the 986? Would the super cup lip work on a stock Boxster bumper?

Put "boxster splitter" into google images. You will see a bunch of options, none of which look right. :-)

Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote