Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #1

Newish Owner, New member 50th anniversary

Hi there,

I only own German cars......I'm not sure if this is by design or coincidence....but I have a
2003 VW t30 Transporter
2014 BMW X5 M sport
2013 BMW 6 M sport
And now a Porsche 986- bought in early September

I just drove down to Cornwall to my in-laws with my 2 year old son on Christmas morning, the longest drive (200 miles) I have yet to make in the Boxster......and WOW. Just awesome. Having had some serious driving in great driving cars, I don't think I have smiled as much for so long...... I normally only drive this to the local town on weekends, or to the pub or work occasionally......mmmmmm, I think I may have to re-think this.....
I haven't driven it far for a few reasons, mainly the weather, but also cos I wanted to get it sorted. It's had new Bilsteins up front, new Aircon condensers, washer pump motors, IMS bearing, reversing light switch and full four wheel alignment. I had really struggled with it when I first got it.....bit twitchy, too eager to try and kill me......turns outer alignment was shot, but also this thing just loves every bump and bounce in the road.
Having driven my b'mer to Cornwall and Scotland countless times his year already, I figured a trip in the Boxster would be a pleasant change.....it was just so much more fun than anticipated....I SOOOOO get it.
Anyway, wanted to share the experience. Will post a picture when it's light.....I'm off back to Dorset tomorrow. 200 miles non- stop smiling, I guess.

Okeford986 is offline   Reply With Quote