986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Regional Forum (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   'In Den Bergen' Anyone going? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29677)

WhipE350 07-13-2011 06:22 PM

'In Den Bergen' Anyone going?

Anyone headed to Waynesville NC in Aug for this show? If you are, do you golf? I'll be headed there again this year. I went there last year not knowing about the show...ended up buying a Boxster three months later...got hooked.

WhipE350 08-03-2011 06:54 PM

Is anyone else going! Deadline is Friday. Throw your clubs in the trunk, head for the mountains, bring the girl friend, we'll hang out with other Porsche fans and have lots of drinks! I'm getting rid of all cobwebs on the Boxster right now and she'll pop in the midday sun!

http://www.cr-pca.org/NewsDates/Article.aspx?id=20110331_InDenBergen.htm

Motobob 08-14-2011 09:28 AM

I will be there in 7 years when I retire to that area. Enjoy the day if you go...I have looked at past pictures of the event and it looks like fun! Bob

WhipE350 08-14-2011 06:54 PM

Thanks Bob. That will be a nice place to retire. I met several retirees last year and they really liked it. A friend of mine from work moved to Black Mountain and works out of his house now, the views early in the morning at 3500 feet are just amazing.

Last year I went and didn't know the event was going on...one year later returning with my own to enter. Hoping for nice weather.

WhipE350 08-18-2011 07:32 PM

Started the first half of my trip from East Charlotte to Waynesville. Took the scenic tour on route 64 through Lake Lure then headed north on route 9 to my friends house in Black Mountain. Was about 132 miles. I can't seem to make a trip out here without getting rained on. Car was filthy. Had about a 20 mile stretch through Lake Lure with the top down and temps in the low 70s on the back side of a storm. NC has some amazing roads for touring. I might take 4 or 5 days and head into the smoky mountains sometime soon.

Tomorrow is the short 35 or so miles on to Waynesville to play golf with other folks showing their Porsches. I'll post pics after the show of the cars. They are expecting 60+ cars. Sat should be a little warm, they are saying 84 and now there is a possibility of t-storms...I hope they hold off.

WhipE350 08-21-2011 06:06 PM

Turned out to be a great weekend! Over 60 cars and 16 Boxsters and Caymans. I arrived Friday morning for the golf tournament, it was 3 teams of 3 in a scramble. Was a lot of fun other than a massive storm that came up causing us to seek shelter.

Friday night was a meet and greet with drinks and then dinner with new friends. The weekend turned out to be a great social event where everyone made many friends. Judging was 'Peoples Choice Concours' so it wasn't real serious, actually the best detailed cars didn't win in many cases.

Saturday the cars went out to the first fairway from 11:30 to 3pm. Lunch was served and the food fantastic. Wine tasting was at 5pm with the Banquet at 6pm. Again the food was great and there were many raffle prices.

I would highly recommend going to this event next year if you live in Tenn, Va, South Carolina, and Georgia. It was very well run with many activities. Several of us actually commented that we wish there had been more time to drive in large groups.

Here is a link to all the cars: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whipe350

Below in the next post I put all the Boxsters and Caymans.

I ended up driving back to Black Mountain later Sat night and then got up the next morning and drove the long twisty way home since there wouldn't be rain and temps were in the low 70s. It added more then an hour to the trip but it was worth it!

WhipE350 08-21-2011 06:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are the Boxsters and Caymans

WhipE350 08-21-2011 06:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More Boxsters and Caymans

WhipE350 08-21-2011 06:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More Boxsters and Caymans

WhipE350 08-21-2011 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the last one.

Motobob 08-21-2011 09:08 PM

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Looks like some great cars in a great setting. Bob

ddb 08-22-2011 07:20 AM

Whip,

Glad to hear the event turned out so nicely! That's a beautiful backdrop for all of those Porsches.

The owner of that GR 986 S with black interior had it looking really good!

ddb

WhipE350 08-22-2011 04:20 PM

:D Yup that guy worked hard on it too! Wasn't judged though, however all loved the paint.

I have an invite by one guy to come visit for the weekend in the mountains and polish his car...in return golf at a high end golf course. Of course he will have to help me since doing it right takes 5 to 8 hours.

Another guy in Charlotte with a 996 Guards Red wants me to do his too, he was willing to pay but I told him just bring beer and help and a round of golf and we'll be even.

Anyway hope you can join us next year!