Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #1

2010 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona - Jan 30-31

Any one from the board going?

Just bought the tickets this evening. Though I will likely only be there Saturday, the ticket includes infield parking and garage access (the only way to go imo). We'll roll in early Saturday morning in hopes of getting a parking spot in the PCA coral like we did last year.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #2

Exactly one week away. Received our super tickets last week. I know Quickurt mentioned he would be there, anyone else?

Looks like I can only be there Saturday, so my plan is to roll into the PCA car coral (I'll be driving the boxster up) about 9:30am. There is a PCA garage tour at ten. There is usually a chance for a couple parade laps around noon, pregrid/team intros is at 2pm race starts at 3:30p!

I'll be staying as long as I can stand up (midnightish), but we are never in one spot for too long, always walking around dashing into the garage area anytime, catch us if you can :dance:

+keep an eye out for me, this is probably how you'll find me (guy on the right)

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)

Last edited by kabel; 01-23-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #3

is it to late to get tix?

im thinking of driving down from long island and wondering how to get tix for the pca coral, is there a contact person in charge if so e mail address or tel# please
thanx harry 5167793622
hdboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
kpm

I received this e-mail from the PCA

Daytona International Speedway Share
For the tenth year in a row, PCA regions from Zone 12 and Zone 3 will welcome PCA members and Porsche owners from all over the globe to the PCA Corral at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, Jan. 29-30, 2011. Our infield corral parking area is reserved exclusively for Porsches. There is no extra charge as long as you have an infield parking pass. Be sure to arrive early as the area fills quickly on the morning of the race and admission is on a first come basis. In addition to parking, this great member benefit offers a large tent with seating and closed circuit television coverage of the race. Refreshments and PCA member information are also provided. The Racer's Group (TRG) has invited PCA members to tour the TRG trailers and garages prior to the race. Interested PCA members will meet at the corral tent at 10am on Saturday morning and walk as a group to the TRG area of the paddock to take part in the special tour. Remember, overnight camping and tailgating in the corral is strictly prohibited and overnight parking of your Porsche is at your own risk. The racing is set to be phenomenal this year as this will be the first official event on Daytona's new pavement. We look forward to seeing you there

Last edited by kpm; 01-14-2011 at 09:16 AM.
kpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #5

Same as last year, great opportunity to meet one of the teams. Having the PCA car corral is great to have. I'll be there again this year. Going up on both Friday and Saturday.
You still need infield parking pass, but the PCA car corral requires no additional fee. And get there early, it tends to fill up swiftly. IIRC it was full by about 10:45am the last two years.