986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Porsche Cayman Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   faster car advice (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10184)

Dr. Kill 03-20-2007 02:53 PM

faster car advice

I think the Cayman would be faster if it had a more powerful engine.

Mostly, I just wanted to be the first person to ever post here. Thank you for the opportunity. I apologize for any inconvenience my useless post may cause.

denverpete 03-21-2007 06:32 AM

I don't have one, but I hear that a .357 will make the driver go faster which then might lead to global warming. Of course, it would still be a better car than a Corvette provided you don't try to fight any speeding tickets due to profiling.

Whew. Just wanted to be the first reply and get all that off my chest.

Brucelee 03-21-2007 06:57 AM

Make that THREE useless posts! :D

porsche986spyder 03-21-2007 07:27 AM

Should have bought the "S" type if you wanted more power. ;)

blkboxster 07-25-2007 08:38 AM

i like cars. 4th useless post :cheers:

farewellregret 09-17-2007 12:21 AM

Fell for it

Haha I fell for it. I will now contribute to this nonsense by posting the 5th useless post.

Dr. Kill 09-17-2007 07:09 AM

Hey that's great - not bad for your fourth post. You catch on quickly.

wild1poet2 09-17-2007 01:01 PM

Contemplating your bumper sticker, "Drive it like you stole it", one can interpret it a couple ways;

1). Drive it hard and recklessly, it ain't yours - you stole it hah hah hah

2). Drive it slowly and cautiously so as to avoid drawing unwanted LEO attention?

Has anyone stole a car? If so which of the two alternatives did you employ?

opps, sorry - I highjacked a useless thread with a useless highjack......

Dr. Kill 09-17-2007 01:53 PM

Leave it to a poet to question language ;)

When I put the sticker on the car, I was leaning more toward option #1 for the meaning. This was not to condone reckless driving however. I actually drive very conservatively, but I got sick of people acting shocked and alarmed by the fact that I actually drive my car. “You drove your Porsche in this weather? I would never drive a car like that in the winter!” “You left your car at the train station? I would never do that. Blah blah blah.” I figured the only thing even more debasing in their eyes would be applying a bumper sticker – and this particular sticker seemed to be the logical choice to put my cards on the table for some of my more judgmental coworkers, clients and fellow PCA members. I wanted to preempt the entire conversation. Then when someone sees my car, they have a better idea of how I think of it. If you are a driving enthusiast, hey we have something in common. If you are a purist car snob, you should move on as I will probably just be annoying to you anyway.

I liked the sticker, and I did get to see a lot of laughs in my rearview mirror when someone spotted it, but after my daughter was born, I peeled the thing off. I think she might be a little young for ironic humor concerning grossly unsafe activities. As far as she will ever know, her daddy has never exceeded the speed limit, has never had more than one beer in a sitting, has only ever dated mommy, etc etc etc…