Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2018, 10:52 AM   #1

Any Ideas?

Just bought a cheap used 1999 boxster. I know you get what you pay for however, I actually enjoy this (usually) as a hobby. Buying something that maybe I can turn into something better. This particular car has 125k on it and has no service history. Very nice shape and runs very well... except for one thing. Cold start and run is wonderfully smooth and responsive. After shutting off warm, upon warm restart of approximately 15 minutes later, the car will stall, require quite a bit of cranking and depressed throttle to restart and then will demonstrate hesitation requiring more throttle to get past. After about 20 seconds of running, it is back to performing flawlessly. No CEL, no smoke, no excessive crankcase vacuum that would indicate AOS problems. New, clean MAF, no vacuum leaks I can find. Thinking dirty, malfunctioning idle air control valve or fuel delivery such as fuel pump or filter. Almost forgot- slight gasoline odor at time of stalling/poor running but not at other times. Anyone have this and can add some experience in resolving or anyone with knowledge and ideas would be appreciated. scanner is on order but do not have it in hand yet. Thanks in advance, Paul

oettpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Sounds like a problem with the EVAP system.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:59 AM   #3

Change the FUEL pressure regulator, you are vaporlocking when hot

philou320 is offline   Reply With Quote