Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
ECU Wizard

3 Second 0-60 with a simple ECU re map

Hello everyone!

I am the ECU Doctor!

I have been experimenting with re mapping various make and model ECUs, to get maximum performance out of the factory car. I have had luck with Toyota and Chevrolet ECU's gaining about a 10-20hp gain from factory with a simple ECU remap.

I myself own a 2001 Boxster, it has been my test car. Everything on my car is bone stock, with the exception of a re mapped ECU. What is a re mapped ECU you may ask? Well I simply access the data on the ECU via a computer, change the values of the air/fuel/spark ratio and I can achieve great things (cant tell you all my secrets

With the ECU remapped on my Boxster I can acheive 0-60 times in 3-3.5 seconds, thats a lot better then the 6 second stock time.

I am just trying to pass on my amazing discoveries to you! My fellow Porsche fanatics, if I get enough interest in this we can set up a group deal and get you guys running 3 second 0-60s in no time.

Thank you my friends! And happy Motoring :dance:

ECU_Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #2

Garage
Video proof please? I've got my stopwatch ready.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #3

Holy christ i actually just joined this site looking for advice on chips for my boxster LOL. I actually live 2 hours away from this fellow and i remember he made me a prom chip for my 91 z28 back in the day, which i was so surprised with the outcome even though it was around 20 horsepower. The throttle response was vastly increased so i can vouch for his camaro product. please share your finds for the boxster!
iroczporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
1999 base

Garage
I have a feeling this is going to turn brutal
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #5

Other than blaintaly posting in the wrong location.. Should be in classified or advertising, I sense the one time poster is going to get burned.

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #6

Pretty sure the OP and the voucher are the same guy.
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECU_Doctor View Post
... get you guys running 3 second 0-60s in no time.
Whoa 3 seconds in "no time" seems like it would totally mess up the space-time continuum. I think I'll remain in space-time.
coloradojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #8
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
WOW so awesome. I was going to try and swap in a 911 turbo engine. This seems much easier and cheaper. I should have enough money left over for a wheelie bar and a parachute. I'll pm you my cc and SS numbers right away
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #9

OP - please amend where you see fit:

List of fastest production cars by acceleration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe between the Ferrari 458 Italia 2011 and Porsche 911 GT3 ?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:21 PM   #10
ECU Wizard

I can assure you guys that I am not the voucher also.

I re map ECUs for the third gen camaro community, with great success and have made a decent living doing so, they dont call me the ECU Doctor for nothing.

My Boxster findings are very recent, I haven't dynoed the car yet to see the real gains but my stop watch shows a mere 3 second 0-60 time.

Going to hit the dyno in the coming weeks here to get you guys some real results, you guys will be amazed. I am not asking for any money or anything from anyone at this point. Was just seeing if there is any interest in my findings, not to be flamed. Please have faith in me the ECU Doctor. The things you can do with computers are just mind boggling.

Also I may add, I haven't determined the long term effects on this re map yet. Might have to adjust a few things to get it reliable and to last, once I am confident in my work I will open the offer to you guys.

I will post my dyno results as soon as I possibly can for you guys, as I said im super busy re mapping ECU's for customers outside hours of my day job.

Happy Motoring :dance:
Old 02-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Hello everyone!

I am the ECU Doctor!

I have been experimenting with re mapping various make and model ECUs, to get maximum performance out of the factory car. I have had luck with Toyota and Chevrolet ECU's gaining about a 10-20hp gain from factory with a simple ECU remap.

I myself own a 2001 Boxster, it has been my test car. Everything on my car is bone stock, with the exception of a re mapped ECU. What is a re mapped ECU you may ask? Well I simply access the data on the ECU via a computer, change the values of the air/fuel/spark ratio and I can achieve great things (cant tell you all my secrets

With the ECU remapped on my Boxster I can acheive 0-60 times in 3-3.5 seconds, thats a lot better then the 6 second stock time.

I am just trying to pass on my amazing discoveries to you! My fellow Porsche fanatics, if I get enough interest in this we can set up a group deal and get you guys running 3 second 0-60s in no time.

Thank you my friends! And happy Motoring :dance:
You don't happen to work closely with a guy called My Gearbox Is in Bits On The Road Doctor, do you?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #12
ECU Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pominoz View Post
You don't happen to work closely with a guy called My Gearbox Is in Bits On The Road Doctor, do you?
I can assure you that I do not! I test my work thoroughly before releasing it to the public.

I wouldn't own GP Performance if I was a hack

:dance:
Old 02-10-2015, 09:43 PM   #13

hey paul does Gio still work for you? kinda wanted to see if he could come by sometime and give me a hand with getting the maro back on the road when you guys get some time.
iroczporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #14
ECU Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroczporsche View Post
hey paul does Gio still work for you? kinda wanted to see if he could come by sometime and give me a hand with getting the maro back on the road when you guys get some time.
Of course Giovanni still works for me! Just give the shop a ring one of these days and we will set you up
Old 02-10-2015, 11:01 PM   #15

Quote:
I can assure you that I do not! I test my work thoroughly before releasing it to the public.

I wouldn't own GP Performance if I was a hack

:dance:
Oh we believe you!

The S 3.2 can even be brought up to 2.9secs no problem I'm sure by doing (1)wiping off the rev limiter and (2)advancing the timing from its 10degree up to let's say 14 degrees btdc among few other tricks (30degree?!). Given you use high octane and maintain a stable engine temp, there is nothing that say it wouldn't work. Problem is the Flat6 cast materials - good luck! 'Normally' we use a combination or magnesium and titanium in our gp prototype engine assemblies - no no cheap Porsche/production cast alloys lollll

Computers are boggling things yes, gravity and bare bone physics are another

I'm not a doctor, nor own a gp clinic, just the guy who knows how to 'machine' god's metals to 0.005mm tolerance for various WSBK race engineers (fast mopeds, very very fast ones)

Luck with your business and research on the pcar engines, sounds good!

Last edited by Nine8Six; 02-10-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:48 AM   #16

Garage
I think 0-60 km/h in 3 seconds should be achievable ;-)
hemonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:46 AM   #17

L
o
l
!
!
!
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:47 AM   #18

Garage
I'm with hemonu
It would appear you may have slowed down the Boxster's 0-60 (37.28 MPH) times
But I bet it gets better gas mileage now

If it is 60mph, I'll feel comfortable now that I won't have to worry about my IMSB.
The engine won't last long enough

ECU_Doctor are you the right hand sock puppet and iroczporsche is the left hand sock puppet?

Let the burn continue
Old 02-11-2015, 03:58 AM   #19

Garage
It can't be legal in California. Nothing but a bone stock vehicle is anymore.:ah:
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:24 AM   #20

Excluding the current 918 Spyder (2.5 secs.), there is only one car in Porsche's current line up with a 3 second 0-60 (actual is 2.9). It's the 991 Turbo S with 560 HP. They start at $183 before any options.

Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote