986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GT3 LCA Source ?? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54608)

jrj3rd 10-29-2014 07:08 AM

GT3 LCA Source ??

Anybody have a good source for reasonable priced GT3 adjustable lower control arms?? I keep hearing about $600 a pair sources but have been unable to find any below mid 800 level. If you have a good source post it up please

Thanks

John

Dlirium 10-29-2014 07:37 AM

excellent question - I'd like some too!

LAP1DOUG 10-29-2014 04:25 PM

These are the best deal that you are going to find:

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/54513-fs-brand-new-rss-tarmac-series-lower-control-arms.html

thstone 10-30-2014 08:35 AM

I used to be able to find these in the upper $600 range but now can't find a thing. Will keep looking for you...

steved0x 10-30-2014 11:44 AM

If I am driving on a stock M030 sport suspension (not ROW) and I wanted to get a little more negative camber, would these be the thing to get, or should I get camber plates? (Like the ones from rennline). Do they each solve different problems with more neg camber being a side benefit?

Steve

thstone 10-30-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved0x (Post 423461)
If I am driving on a stock M030 sport suspension (not ROW) and I wanted to get a little more negative camber, would these be the thing to get, or should I get camber plates? (Like the ones from rennline). Do they each solve different problems with more neg camber being a side benefit?

Steve

Camber plates and adjustable lower control arms (LCA's) generally achieve the same goal (more negative camber) but in different ways and to different extents.

In simple terms, camber plates pull the top of the wheel in since the adjustment is at the top of the shock tower whereas adj LCA's push the bottom of the tire out since the adjustment is at the lower suspension arm.

Camber plates typically have a limit of about 1-1.5 deg of additional camber over the max stock setting. For some needs, this will still not be sufficient. Then adjustable lower control arms are the only way to get the desired amount of neg camber.

If you want a little more camber for street or combined street and track use (-2 deg or so), then a camber plate may be sufficient. But if you want to reach the level of neg camber needed to run DOT track tires and fully address the crappy camber curve of the Boxster's strut-based suspension design (>-3 deg), then you'll need adj LCA's.

seningen 10-30-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thstone (Post 423470)
Camber plates and adjustable lower control arms (LCA's) generally achieve the same goal (more negative camber) but in different ways and to different extents.

In simple terms, camber plates pull the top of the wheel in since the adjustment is at the top of the shock tower whereas adj LCA's push the bottom of the tire out since the adjustment is at the lower suspension arm.

Camber plates typically have a limit of about 1-1.5 deg of additional camber over the max stock setting. For some needs, this will still not be sufficient. Then adjustable lower control arms are the only way to get the desired amount of neg camber.

If you want a little more camber for street or combined street and track use (-2 deg or so), then a camber plate may be sufficient. But if you want to reach the level of neg camber needed to run DOT track tires and fully address the crappy camber curve of the Boxster's strut-based suspension design (>-3 deg), then you'll need adj LCA's.

I got -3.1 degrees with a camber plate and elongating the strut mount holes.

My rears are -2.7 with drop links and upper tarret mounts.

Mike

Mike