986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Problem with cruise control activation via Durametric (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54398)

hemonu 10-10-2014 10:04 AM

Problem with cruise control activation via Durametric

My car is a European 2002 Boxster S. I got a used 4 stalk, installed it in my car and did the necessary cabling, following the 101 projects book. There was an issue with the cable between DME and instrument cluster, as the colors of the connectors in my instrument cluster didn't fit with the description in the book. So after a lengthy internet search i finally learned, that for cars 2001 and younger this connection is no more needed, as the signal is transmitted via CAN bus from DME to the cluster. So I activated cruise control in both DME and instrument cluster K21 with my Durametric. Cruise control works fine, but the green light in the instrument cluster doesn't show up. When i activate cruise control for the instrument cluster, I can see the cluster booting and a few seconds later a message box says, that coding was successful. But there is no function. I used a brand new Durametric 6. I opened the cluster and checked, that the LED for the signal is installed.

Has anybody succesfully activated cruise control via Durametric including the green light for a 2002 S? Is there anything I can do to find the root cause of the problem?

Thanks for any advice

Herbert

JFP in PA 10-10-2014 10:23 AM

The bulb should work. Try switching the ignition to the on position and see if it lights.

hemonu 10-10-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFP in PA (Post 421218)
The bulb should work. Try switching the ignition to the on position and see if it lights.

There is no green light. So I understand, it should go on like all the others when I switch on the ignition. Correct?

kjc2050 10-11-2014 03:22 AM

Yes. It will go on when you turn the ignition switch to accessory, regardless of whether the button at the end of the stalk is depressed or not.

JFP in PA 10-11-2014 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemonu (Post 421302)
There is no green light. So I understand, it should go on like all the others when I switch on the ignition. Correct?

You have a circuit problem with the indicator light.

mavis.d 10-11-2014 07:30 AM

I fitted it in mine, 2002 S and used this guide. It worked a treat

How to - 986 Cruise Control Retrofit - How To - www.BoXa.net

hemonu 10-11-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFP in PA (Post 421317)
You have a circuit problem with the indicator light.

I will open the cluster and have a loock into that :-(

hemonu 11-07-2014 12:02 AM

I finally got hold of a PST2 and did the coding once again with that gadget. The green light works now. So it seems to be a flaw in the Durametric coding process.

JFP in PA 11-07-2014 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemonu (Post 424271)
I finally got hold of a PST2 and did the coding once again with that gadget. The green light works now. So it seems to be a flaw in the Durametric coding process.

I can't see that as we use the Durametric regularly for this mod and never have any problems.