Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #1

Garage
Control arms

I plan to replace the control arms soon at 116,000 but not sure what exactly do I replace, just the trapezoidal looking units or are there other parts excluding struts? Also has anyone purchased the Uro units on EBay. They are 1/2 the price of Vertex or Pelican but I assume you get what you pay for.

davedeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedeck View Post
I plan to replace the control arms soon at 116,000 but not sure what exactly do I replace, just the trapezoidal looking units or are there other parts excluding struts? Also has anyone purchased the Uro units on EBay. They are 1/2 the price of Vertex or Pelican but I assume you get what you pay for.
With your mileage I recommend replacing everything in your suspension. I recently did this on my S with 103,K miles. A failed Uro control arm central bushing is what prompted the project. Pelican refused to warranty the Uro arm despite it being within the 2 year warranty period. Buy TRW parts, they make the parts for Porsche. Labor should be much easier/cheaper in the long run since everything is connected underneath.

I have a good tested Uro control arm available if anyone is game.

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote