Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #1

DME over-rev counter question

HELP!

I am looking at CPO 987 Boxsters, and one that I am interested in is a 2005 S, with low mileage (9500) and it is CPO'd by Porsche. I received the DME printout today Who can help me make some sense of this?

# of ignitions: Range 1 - 444, at 279.2h
Range 2: 2 ignitions @ 157.2h
Range 3: 2 ignitions @ 157.2h
Range 4: 1 ignition @ 157.2h
Range 5: 1 ignition @ 157.2h
Range 6: 1 ignition @ 157.2h

Total hours 293.4.

OK, so Range 1 doesn't bother me because that's right at redline (If I am not mistaken) and because 444 ignitions is practically nothing - a few seconds, correct? Bump the rev limiter 4 times in the car's life and you're there. Again, range 2 and 3 aren't TOO high, and the number of ignitions is so tiny. 4,5,6 are bad ranges as I'm told, but what is with just 1 ignition in each?? Is that reliable, or spurious? What do you guys make of this?

I haven't spoken to any Porsche service personnel or independent techs, about it yet.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote