Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2004, 01:40 PM   #1

Anyone know the offsets on 18" turbo twists

I've got an '01 s with the 18" turbo twists (turbo look) and am looking for a new set of wheels...I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what the offsets are on these wheels.
Someone told me it was supposed to be stamped on the back of the wheel behind the valve stem, but it doesn't appear to be stamped on the ones I have.
Any help appreciated.
I'm thinking of going to the carrera 5 spoke...I've heard they're 40% lighter. Anyone know?

FUHRIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:14 PM   #2

all here

http://www.911pcar.com/Porsche_Parts/porsche_parts_wheels_911.htm#996

dr
synthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:51 PM   #3

Hollowspoke turbo wheel is only about 25% lighter than the TurbolookII than came on my 02S. The 5 spoke Carrera is probably closer to 10% lighter.

IMO the 5 spoke Carrera is the best looking wheel on a Boxster S. Unfortunately they weren't available when either of our cars were first made.
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 04:05 PM   #4

Synthesis,

thanks for the link, but it's odd that the 'turbo look' wheel they show on that site has dimensions: 18" Turbo Look II Front:
Rear: 8 J x 18 ET 50
10 J x 18 ET 47 225/40 ZR 18
265/35 ZR 18

and I thought I had 7.5, 9".
So, after all this asking around, I finally looked in the owner's manual (probably should have started there!) and they list the turbo looks as:
front: 7.5x18 50mm offset, rear: 9x18 53mm offset. this makes more sense since, with my spacers (15mm front and 21mm rear) they still fit in the wheel wells, even with the 1 inch suspension drop. Now it's on to figuring out what wheels I might want to buy. I do like the looks of the turbo twists...but wouldn't mind getting something a little more unique. If I had the $$, I'd buy the Kinesis K58's in a grey anno...any other ideas?