Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #1

Unhappy Engine Codes

Hey ya'll (good ol' KY term)!!

I am new to the website....love the info on it so far. I am having an issue with my new purchase....a 2000 Boxster S!

I have taken it back to the dealer 3 times and he still hasn't fixed the issue: P0507 "Idle control system RPM high" code. Now I seem to be getting two other codes: P1130 and P1128 "Manufacturer Controlled Fuel and Air Metering".

Is there something I can do myself.....(not engine inclined, but mechanically sound)?

It seems whenever I take the car back the code is not on or it won't come back on. It (the code) doesn't seem to be shy of me....comes on about every few days. My buddy has a reader so I am able to see it is the same code all the time.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Monty

KY Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:38 AM   #2

Check out the thread at:

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16186

This should give you some ideas.
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:31 AM   #3

Garage
Welcome to the board, could be as simple a vacuum leak, I had that code when one of the rubber sleeves that sits after the throttle body had a slit in it where the metal strap connects. My issue had my idle jumping between 600 - 1200 RPM though, so, it was noticeable.

Is your idle bouncing around?
Is the car running rough at idle?

'06 Cayman 'S' - Sold (Sport Chrono, PASM, TPMS, 19' CAS Wheels, NAV)
'06 Cayenne - Sold
'01 Boxster 'S' - Sold
'00 Boxster - Sold
tboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG
Check out the thread at:

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16186

This should give you some ideas.

Thanks for the thread info. I pulled out my MAF and cleaned it. We'll see what happens. Great pics on that thread...it showed right where to go.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboyer
Welcome to the board, could be as simple a vacuum leak, I had that code when one of the rubber sleeves that sits after the throttle body had a slit in it where the metal strap connects. My issue had my idle jumping between 600 - 1200 RPM though, so, it was noticeable.

Is your idle bouncing around?
Is the car running rough at idle?

It runs real rough when it's first started in the morning....this morning I could barely get it going....albeit it was 30 degrees, but it still wouldn't idle for about 5 minutes. Then it was rough for another 5, then it did okay. I cleaned the MAF today and will see what happens. I looked at the metal strap you described and didn't see anything, but i will continue to monitor it.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Boxster
Thanks for the thread info. I pulled out my MAF and cleaned it. We'll see what happens. Great pics on that thread...it showed right where to go.
Thanks KY Boxster, so far mine has been running fine. No more CEL. Have you joined the Porsche Club of America PCA.org yet? For the $42 a year it's a great resource. They have a Tech Q&A section where you can ask Porsche mechanics these questions and search for answers to questions you have that in most cases have already been asked. This 986forum site is a great real world check & balance for the advice you get on PCA.org which at times can be a little contradictory.
2000 Boxster S: 18" Turbo wheels w/color crests, Litronics, Onboard Computer, Traction control, Cruise, Painted rollbar, Leather interior, Aluminum package, headlight washers, Porsche GT3 seats, windstop, Hi Fi six speaker amp package, DSP, CDR 220, Limited Slip, side airbags, BK Rollbar extender.
2000SoCalBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SoCalBoxsterS
Thanks KY Boxster, so far mine has been running fine. No more CEL. Have you joined the Porsche Club of America PCA.org yet? For the $42 a year it's a great resource. They have a Tech Q&A section where you can ask Porsche mechanics these questions and search for answers to questions you have that in most cases have already been asked. This 986forum site is a great real world check & balance for the advice you get on PCA.org which at times can be a little contradictory.
I haven't joined that yet....I'll check into it. I hope the MAF cleaning fixes my problem (knock on wood). I'll find out in the morning....it always seems to happen when the car has been sitting for a while.