Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #1

Annoying squeak in driver's seat

Hi guys,

My driver's seat has developed a really annoying squeak, everytime I push the clutch in, or when the car brakes. It seems to point to the seat not sitting square anymore, and it squeaks when it gets an off-centre push.

Is there an easy home fix, or is it a case or parting with some high denomination notes at the garage?

Cheers
Alex

aglsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglsteven
Hi guys,

My driver's seat has developed a really annoying squeak, everytime I push the clutch in, or when the car brakes. It seems to point to the seat not sitting square anymore, and it squeaks when it gets an off-centre push.

Is there an easy home fix, or is it a case or parting with some high denomination notes at the garage?

Cheers
Alex
I've also got an annoying squeak from the driver's seat (upright portion_ everytime some pressure is applied i.e. at the same time as you indicated, pressing the clutch etc.

I assume the squeak is from a component in the seat that has either come loose or is broken but I don't want to take the seat apart.

Anyone got any faults?
davej_anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #3

Mine squeaks come from it being slightly tilted to the right side and since I have long legs I have the seat all the way back and it rubs against the padding on the roll bar. Somebody suggested to place a couple of thin washers where it bolts to the base (right side) but I haven't done it yet.
spgribben007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #4

Tool Pants help please

Hi Tool Pants,
You're the guru. Can you advise if it is easy to lift the driver seat to insert a few washers? I too am over 6' and I think my seat is slightly lop sided, which may be aggrevating the squeak.

many thanks
Old 03-25-2007, 06:48 AM   #5
Porsche "Purist"

Garage
I can't resist asking:

Does it occur only when your wife is driving?
Owned and repaired Porsches since 1974. Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #6

very good.

That's like asking if a tree falls over in the forest when no one is around, does it make a sound?