Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 03:04 AM   #1

i`m so rangeled

the guy gets reprimanded [censured] for misconduct [tax cheating etc] on the floor of congress then they stand up and applaud him.....bottom line ....its our fault for putting the same people back in

extanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:21 AM   #2

You said it, DAT!

That is the first thing I noticed when I watched. They appauded/patted him on the back! WTF?

Unfortunately, this is exactly what I would have predicted. Makes you lose faith in the system. Seriously, can't anyone find a way to prosecute?

2001 S Speed Yellow, matching interior, German Plates!!

Last edited by Iflylow; 12-03-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Good-natured ribbing (couldn't pass up the chance)
Iflylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:47 AM   #3

the actor WESLY SNIPES must be shaking his head in disbelief.....he has to report to prison for 3 years on tax fraud
Old 12-03-2010, 04:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by extanker
the actor WESLY SNIPES must be shaking his head in disbelief.....he has to report to prison for 3 years on tax fraud
Two HUGE differences though...

Snipes was honest about his fraud, he just didn't file any returns or gave bad IOUs to the govt. and he was never the chairman of the House Committee of Ways and Means.

So you see, honesty is never the best policy (especially when you can just blame 'accountants' and 'forms') and policy makers should always be held to lower standards than regular old shmoes.

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #5

Now you know why the whole legal system is a mess...LAWYERS.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986
Now you know why the whole legal system is a mess...LAWYERS.
we keep it alive by suing at the drop of a hat
Old 12-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #7

a dropped hat. a car rental bought many cars to rent out but they didnt want side air bags [they saved 15 MILLION DOLLARS] after awhile they sell the rented cars to the public [begs to ask what type of rocket scientist would buy a rental car] well the owners sued because they were never told of the missing side airbags. the class action suit is settled....score= owners get 100 DOLLARS off rental or purchase. lawyers = get 1.3 MILLION DOLLARS.....I REALLY have a hard time believing we made it down from the trees without alien help