Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2021, 05:21 PM   #1

New to the forum

Hi my name is carlos, I've recently discovered a strong interest in Porsche (Boxster) and would love just general thoughts knowledge of these cars. I'm currently looking for a next vehicle and As of yesterday I've falling down the Boxster rabbit hole. also new to forums in general thanks.

Darkvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:13 AM   #2

Garage
They are all over this forum, just search & read all you can.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvoid View Post
Hi my name is carlos, I've recently discovered a strong interest in Porsche (Boxster) and would love just general thoughts knowledge of these cars. I'm currently looking for a next vehicle and As of yesterday I've falling down the Boxster rabbit hole. also new to forums in general thanks.
1st gen Boxster's are probably the best bang for the buck sports car you can get right now. They're still somewhat expensive to maintain, but you can offset much of that if you do your own labor.

Read through a bunch of the threads. These are great cars.
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
1st gen Boxster's are probably the best bang for the buck sports car you can get right now. They're still somewhat expensive to maintain, but you can offset much of that if you do your own labor.

Read through a bunch of the threads. These are great cars.
I really appreciate the info thanks
Darkvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:54 AM   #5
PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
They're still somewhat expensive to maintain, but you can offset much of that if you do your own labor.
Any car, especially German, or Porsche for that matter (skip Ferrari...) is expensive to maintain at around 80-120k miles.
You are looking at redoing all suspension, many electrical issues (windows, roof) and maybe some other problems.

However, if you spend extra 30k, you can get to a much newer that will not need about 4k in parts plus labor right away.
so, it is your choice.

I mean, you can neglect it and drive it as is.

Previous: 2014 Fiat 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX, 2016 Fiat 500X, and some old days: Trabant, Fiat 126p...
PLP is offline   Reply With Quote