Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2020, 05:02 AM   #1

Purchased a 2001 Boxster S

Hello everyone, My name is Mike and I just purchased my Boxster S. The color is Oriental Red I believe, I have not yet looked for the paint code. I have been reading through the forums the past couple of days and have actually resolved a couple of issues with the car already. I do have a partial maintenance history on it, mostly oil/filter servicing, inspections, etc. I live in Northern New York. Does anyone know of a group up in this area?

javageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by javageek View Post
Hello everyone, My name is Mike and I just purchased my Boxster S. The color is Oriental Red I believe, I have not yet looked for the paint code. I have been reading through the forums the past couple of days and have actually resolved a couple of issues with the car already. I do have a partial maintenance history on it, mostly oil/filter servicing, inspections, etc. I live in Northern New York. Does anyone know of a group up in this area?

It's Orient red if it looks dark orange. Great color!
Old 07-11-2020, 05:56 AM   #3

That’s the color, I just went out and found the paint code. 8A3 ORIENT RED.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:43 AM   #4
01 Seal Gray 986 S

Hi Mike my name is Brian.. I also have a 2001 s. I doubt I am close although northern New York means different things to different people. I'm in dutchess county in the Hudson valley. I haven't yet become involved in PCA down here I was thinking about either NASA or SCCA..

Great color! Good luck with your project!
bg305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:44 AM   #5
01 Seal Gray 986 S

Oh.. and is your forum name a reference to code or coffee?
bg305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:59 PM   #6

I am all the way up in St. Lawrence County and the closest major city is Watertown if that gives you an idea of the location. My name dates all the way back to 99 when I planned on opening an Internet cafe. I ran an online forum called rdtiburon for several years under that name as well.