Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #1

Garage
Father son project

2002 Boxster S
My son works at a car wash. On the first day I asked how it was. He said I drove a Maserati (with a grin). I said "no, you limped downhill around the corner":-). This is my third attempt to teach him stick. 77 Fiat (8 yrs old) and the 69 Mustang (10 yrs old)/ were to early. His birthday is the Last day of school so I swapped his 05 accord (parked in the front spot) with the boxster. He was thrilled. He called me 10 minutes later and said he could not get up the hill to leave the parking lot. Since then he has taken a shine to it and won't let me drive it.

Strayconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:00 PM   #2

Nice ride, he looks young make sure he respects the power this car has, not to far bake there was a post of some young drivers that stuffed a Boxster in the second floor of building killing them.

I would hate to read of another such tragedy.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #3

Garage
He is studying to be an EMT with aspirations of becoming a doctor. He has been hit twice while sitting at a turn (knows it hurts). He has pulled people out of cars so he gets it. Thanks for the heads up
Old 12-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #4

Love the colors and the smiles! Hope you get to put a lot of miles on it together. I got to drive mine about 300' before starting an engine swap. That's why I got it cheap. Keeping me busy so far and really enjoying the experience.

outsidetheboxster is offline   Reply With Quote