Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2019, 03:11 PM   #1

New Member from Florida

I picked up my 2003 Boxster last Friday in South Carolina and drove it home. The ride home was great, except for the monsoon rain I drove through in Athens Ga that tore the temporary tag off my car. My Boxster is Gray with a Black Interior. It had less than 45,000 miles when I picked it up, but it topped the 45k mark on the drive home. With a little cleaning on Sunday the inside looks like new. On the exterior, the exhaust tip looks like crap, so I guess aluminum cleaner/polish and elbow grease should do the trick. I'm open to suggestions on how to clean it and make it shine, so please chime in. Also, I need to replace the lug nuts as they are in poor shape. Are any of the on-line vendors better than others? Finally, I live in the Sarasota, Florida area and will be looking for a Porsche Mechanic, so suggestions on where to go and where not to go are welcome.

Once it cools down, around November were I live, I will put the top down and take my wife for a ride. That is, if she's over being mad at me for buying the Boxster. If she isn't, oh well, my dog Zeke likes to go for rides too.

The Dog

The best thing ever Made in Japan, was an album by Deep Purple

Attached Images

Ledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #2
Skeptical Old Man

Garage
Congrats on the purchase! I got my 2001 just a few months ago and its been great. BTW, I've got the same wheels and yours are a lot cleaner.

Enjoy!

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge. Others only gargle.
RKCarl is offline   Reply With Quote