Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2019, 05:09 AM   #1

Garage
New to 986...my first Porsche!

Great to see a site all about the 986! Recently purchased a 2004 Boxster (base). It has 142k miles and will be used for fun! I am looking for the original window sticker...any thoughts about where one might find such an item?

besturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:17 AM   #2

Garage
under the front of the front hood is a sticker that has the option codes. There is also a web site (Somewhere on here) that you can plug VIN in and it will give you details and sticker price when new

Oh and Go Seal Grey Raw - Raw
Old 06-14-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Welcome!
I believe you can get a copy of the window sticker by purchasing a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche for about $100, however as mentioned above you can decode the option sticker under the hood by googling "986 option codes" and you can identify the manufacture date and location from the sticker on the bottom of the driver's door. There are a few online dealers that charge to do this, but it can be done yourself for free and you will get all of the same information.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:04 PM   #4

Garage
Thanks guys! I will look forward to looking these up...after a quick drive
Old 06-19-2019, 04:40 AM   #5

Garage
having so much fun...

I decided to freshen up the vents and purchased A/C Pro Vent & Duct Cleaner ($10)...others were 1/2 that price. This product is sprayed inside of the air intake, so i had to find where the in-cabin air filter. I found it fairly easily under the plastic cover on the passenger side of the frunck. But while i was removing the plastic cover, the one screw (holding the cover) into a grommet became striped. I was able to pull the cover off and ended up replacing the T25 screw/grommet with a Nissan "splash retainer"...it fit perfectly! I replaced both T25/grommets (driver and passenger side).
Old 06-19-2019, 08:02 AM   #6
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by besturgeon View Post
... I was able to pull the cover off and ended up replacing the T25 screw/grommet with a Nissan "splash retainer"...it fit perfectly! I replaced both T25/grommets (driver and passenger side).
Nissan?

And... you're looking for an original window. The Nissan window won't fit? Maybe a Hyundai? Buick?