Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #1

Smile New to Forum - 2nd Boxster - this time 2002 - S

Great to read so many interesting threads. We had a 2001 Base Boxster for a few years before a truck t-boned my wife. It was Zanzibar Red. The accident was difficult for her, several operations, but if it wasn't a Boxster she probably would not have survived as it crumpled up well and all the airbags went off. Several operation and a decade later - we found another Zanzibar Red Boxster (S) this time and I just bought it remembering how fun they were to drive. But had no knowledge of the IMS bearing issue. Now, I think I'm just going to get it fixed once and sleep at night. I could take a $3000 shot of pain, but not $10-15K - no way. All in all, best driving and fun car we've ever had and looking forward to many years of enjoyment and getting to learn and enjoy car more being part of an active community of Boxster enthusiasts! Dan

Last edited by DanD04; 06-04-2019 at 07:10 PM.
DanD04 is offline   Reply With Quote