Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2018, 10:13 AM   #1

New to the board!

Hi all, had this car for 3.5 years now and finally joining this great forum - bought with 54,000 and just turned 59,000. Zero mods and otherwise all original. I love to drive it but usually on the weekends and when it's top down weather. It's very tempting to mod it but forcing myself to keep it as is. Fortunately I have spent very little on maintenance other than oil changes, and I did the spark plugs along with new tube seals as a DIY. I figured it's going to need a clutch soon and then I will get the IMS done at that point. It's been a fantastic car and always brings a smile to may face when driving the twisties in the surrounding hill country!

derrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrunner View Post
Hi all, had this car for 3.5 years now and finally joining this great forum - bought with 54,000 and just turned 59,000. Zero mods and otherwise all original. I love to drive it but usually on the weekends and when it's top down weather. It's very tempting to mod it but forcing myself to keep it as is. Fortunately I have spent very little on maintenance other than oil changes, and I did the spark plugs along with new tube seals as a DIY. I figured it's going to need a clutch soon and then I will get the IMS done at that point. It's been a fantastic car and always brings a smile to may face when driving the twisties in the surrounding hill country!
Nice color combo. Welcome!
Old 11-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #3

Garage
Nice looking car. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!!
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:01 AM   #4

Garage
Welcome to the forum.
Another Seal Grey.

5k miles in 3.5 years?????
Are you purposely keeping miles off it because at this rate you'll be joining the 100k club in about 25 years. There probably won't be parts for it any more
I hardly use mine any more but I'm still putting 4-6k miles/year on it and I'm thinking real hard about selling with that little use

Plan some road trips, these cars are great for that

PS: @ 103k miles my clutch works as good as it did when I bought 7 years/51k miles ago. Hopefully yours will also
Old 11-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #5

Garage
Welcome, nice car.
Blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2002s View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Another Seal Grey.

5k miles in 3.5 years?????
Are you purposely keeping miles off it because at this rate you'll be joining the 100k club in about 25 years. There probably won't be parts for it any more
I hardly use mine any more but I'm still putting 4-6k miles/year on it and I'm thinking real hard about selling with that little use

Plan some road trips, these cars are great for that

PS: @ 103k miles my clutch works as good as it did when I bought 7 years/51k miles ago. Hopefully yours will also
LOL - I do need to get it out more! I am on the fence about the entire IMS thing - but if I am going to do it I would get the clutch done at the same time. If not then I will keep it as is until it needs to be done. As far as selling, well if I did then it would just become 1's and 0's in a bank somewhere, and I don't feel like I am losing too much money at this point value-wise - so I will hold onto it - until I get a newer year 911S or turbo.
derrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:51 PM   #7
Custom User Title Here

Garage
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:15 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
..............What?