Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2018, 07:18 AM   #1

Newb

Hey, all. I don't yet own a 986 but will soon be in the market. So, I thought I would join the forum and learn as much as I could before I purchase.

I have been a Porsche enthusiast my whole life (raised to be really). My absolute dream car is a 356 A Speedster (beehive taillights). Knowing full well I will most likely never have the money to own one, but wanting very badly to own a Porsche, and growing tired of not having yet owned one, I began looking at the prospect of a gen 1 Boxter. I have always really liked the Boxter, despite geers from my friends . From what I have read, Grant Larson took styling cues from the 356 Speedster, and the 550 (another favorite of mine), so it makes sense that I am drawn to the 986.

Bottom line, I am 32, I don't make a lot of money, Porsche love runs through my blood, and the 986 seems like the most realistic way for me to get into one. I would love to get any clean 986, especially the S, and will be looking to buy next summer/fall. Hope to spend around 10K.

Looking forward to digging into the forum and hopefully meeting some good Porsche people!

Also, as an aside, I am professional photographer, and am looking to marry my two loves together in the near future. So, I am hoping to share some good Porsche photography with you folks.

LoganZillmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Welcome!
There are a lot of great resources here and around the internet, just make sure to use the search function before starting a new thread. There are a lot of well priced 986's available right now, but be aware of the maintenance costs. The 986 is still my favorite Boxster because of the heavy influence of the 550 Spyder. Good luck with the hunt!
Old 11-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #3

Thanks! I definitely will. Looks like a lot of info on here. Psyched to dig in. 986 is my favorite Boxter too. Can't wait to own one.

LoganZillmer is offline   Reply With Quote