Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 01:33 AM   #1

New owner from SE Wisconsin

Hi

New owner of a black 2001 Boxster S with 31,000 miles and located in SE Wisconsin.

Exterior is not bad - actually really nice and Im super picky. Interior needs a few pieces replaced due to scuffs/age. oh yea, only 1 key and the door open electronic seems to be out. I'll need to get that resolved sooner rather than later. The top is in pristine condition as far as I can tell.

The car is a dream to drive. I assume this maybe possibly the first of what may be many Porsches in our future.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:52 AM   #2

Welcome!
As is tradition, I have to mention that we need pics!
31K...that's just about the mileage my 01 S had on it when I picked it up. Ten years and 66K miles later and I'm still enjoying the hell out of it
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlzkaasen View Post
Hi

New owner of a black 2001 Boxster S with 31,000 miles and located in SE Wisconsin.

Exterior is not bad - actually really nice and Im super picky. Interior needs a few pieces replaced due to scuffs/age. oh yea, only 1 key and the door open electronic seems to be out. I'll need to get that resolved sooner rather than later. The top is in pristine condition as far as I can tell.

The car is a dream to drive. I assume this maybe possibly the first of what may be many Porsches in our future.
Hello and welcome to the forum! To get you more familiar with the 986 platform, I'm attaching a link to our site's DIY tech articles. These should be really helpful if you're planning on doing any of the work yourself. Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can assist with any part needs in the future.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/boxster/boxster_tech.htm
Dmitry at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #4

Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forums!

2001 - a very good year! LOL I love mine!

Door open electronics - you probably know this already, but the car's remote receiver function turns off after about 5 days. You have to use the key in the door after that. It will turn back on and reset to 5 days again once you do that. Just another incentive (as if you need one) to take it out and drive it more often.

Of course, your remote could be broken. Replacement keys are expensive, but it's always good to have a spare...