Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
E90 M3, SPA XC90

Lightbulb in search of a trackster

dropping in to say hi. google has sent me to 986forum enough in my research that i figured it was time to register.

my main squeeze is an E90 M3 ZCP which has been a fantastic dad-mobile and grand tourer. at the time I picked it up I was cross-shopping my dream car... 993... but with 2 small kids it didn't seem like the right time to pull the trigger. i am now full of regret.

i'm starting to reach the point with HPDE events where i'd like to learn to be a more precise driver, cut the track insurance, and not be so worried about putting my daily driver in to a stack of tires. my ultimate goal is to turn this car in to a street-able time attack / time trials car.

i started my search by looking in to the obvious choice of an NA Miata, which is actually the car i learned to drive on, but i fear i'd want to trade it too quickly. it's still under consideration but i started expanding my search to other common track toys and also cars that have rich spec racing communities. my "short" list has become:

• NA8 Miata - "the answer"
• E36 M3 - cementing my ///M addiction
• E46 330i - spec e46
• 986 - same initial entry price as a Miata but a P-car
• 986S - a 3.2l flat 6 roadster. what's not to love??

look forward to learning more and :fingers_crossed: hopefully/possibly getting my first p-car.

svenchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
Artist, 986S tinkerer

Welcome to the forum! Check out the Classifieds on this site. There are some really nice and suitable cars for sale by members.
YouTube channel: the PORSCHE as seen by NewArt
www.youtube.com/channel/UCohdrH2xHTklM1thxk0KKOQ?
NewArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:10 PM   #3
Track rat

Garage
There are a couple of nice SPBox race cars for sale in SoCal. These have been gone through and all the reliability mods and safety equip is done. Worth a look.