Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #1

Post Few questions regarding my 2006 boxster

New Porsche owner here!

So I'm picking up my 2006 Boxster base tomorrow and I realised that the car has absolutely no phone connection for music and I was looking for a cheap quick fix before I have the whole radio set up replaced with a touch screen GPS set up in a few months or so. It's got the bose system and I heard that there was a quick aftermarket fix by replacing the CD player input with an AUX, however, I'm not sure that's an option for the 987? I've only seen this on 986's. If I could get any recs on a good phone/GPS/audio system for it as well that would be fantastic.

Other than that I also wanted to know if you guys could recommend things for me to do right off the bat after getting it. Car's got almost exactly 60k miles on it and already had all maintenance done up to 60k. I have roughly 5k to work with as far as mods and preventative fixes go but I'm pretty torn on a lot of things as well as not entirely aware of what mods I can apply, for example, I really wanted to get PCCB for it but I see no point in getting them right now as the brakes its got now are basically brand new.

Thanks for reading

-Jenn

Last edited by Jennetica; 08-02-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Jennetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:12 AM   #2
I am No. 1348

Garage
Congrats on the new Boxster. Although the 987 is a bit different than the 986, there are many similarities. As for the phone/music question, I've installed the iSimple TransitBlU in my 2004 and it works perfectly for hands free calling, bluetooth streaming of music, Siri, WAZE traffic, etc.

You won't need an Aux jack to connect to the radio, especially if using an iPhone. I actually run SiriusXM satellite radio on my phone and stream to the iSimple and into my Bose sound system and it works flawlessly and sounds great. The package costs $79.

The installation was pretty easy with the only complication is getting Accessory switched power. I picked that up from the Car Phone Jack which was pre-installed right behind my CD storage box. You can also take it and have it professionally installed.

INSTALL KIT FOR HANDS-FREE CALLING AND MUSIC STREAMING THROUGH YOUR CAR RADIO
Old 08-29-2017, 08:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
Congrats on the new Boxster. Although the 987 is a bit different than the 986, there are many similarities. As for the phone/music question, I've installed the iSimple TransitBlU in my 2004 and it works perfectly for hands free calling, bluetooth streaming of music, Siri, WAZE traffic, etc.

You won't need an Aux jack to connect to the radio, especially if using an iPhone. I actually run SiriusXM satellite radio on my phone and stream to the iSimple and into my Bose sound system and it works flawlessly and sounds great. The package costs $79.

The installation was pretty easy with the only complication is getting Accessory switched power. I picked that up from the Car Phone Jack which was pre-installed right behind my CD storage box. You can also take it and have it professionally installed.

INSTALL KIT FOR HANDS-FREE CALLING AND MUSIC STREAMING THROUGH YOUR CAR RADIO

Thank you so much for the fast reply! What I ended up doing was spend ~12$ On an iMounTEK Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter and it works amazing as long as I don't accidentally move it. I'm starting to debate if a whole alpine setup is really going to be necessary

Jennetica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
987 , aux , boxster , gps , upgrades