Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2003, 01:24 PM   #1

Unhappy Accident Help

I was rear ended this morning at a red light. The bumper cover and bumperettes are damaged. Hidden damage still needs to be assessed. Both the driver of the other car and I both have Commerce Insurance.

Does anyone have any personal experience, recommendations or inside knowledge of what I should do to make sure the car is repaired correctly. I have already been told that I will be required to pay if I want it fixed by a qualified technician if they charge over $35.00 per hour.

Has any one had a car repaired at Dicks Autobody in Sommerville or Mikes Autobody in Medford? They are both NER PCA supporters and advertisers.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

K_Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:48 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about accident.

Unfortunately, I have also had need of body/repair work and have been a repeat customer of Dick's Auto Body. In my opinion, Dick's is the best body/repair/paint shop in New England. Repairs to C4S (hit passenger side door and rear fender) and Boxster (hit hard rear end - causing front end damage from impact) and the work was to factory standards. No one does it better. Good Luck.
William Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:05 PM   #3

Thanks William that helps a great deal.
K_Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:31 PM   #4

so sorry to hear about the bad news. I know the feeling since mine is and has been in the shop almost 2 months mostly because of dealy in shipping of parts I ordered from Germany, but only a couple more weeks
Do yourself a favor and make sure it gets on a Frame machine just to be safe there is no hidden damage there.
jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 08:07 AM   #5

Angry Dang it Ken!

Twice now!

I had it happen to our first Boxster. I was rear-ended at a stop sign at the end of a highway offramp. The passenger side bumperette and pass side of the bumper cover was damaged. We had these peices replaces as well as the heat shields and some other small bits. All covered by the other drivers insurance. The work was done by Clair Porsche's body shop. They did a good job. I don't understand why you should have to pay anything regardless of rate. Is this stipulated by Commerce? Is Dick's Auto Body on Commerces list of body shops? Your car needs to be put right and it shouldn't come out of your pocket!

-Rey
ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 08:38 AM   #6

Dick's is on Commerce's List.

Dick's enjoys a very good relationship with all the insurance adjustors. They have a frame machine and can do anything your car might need. I felt very comfortable knowing they wouldn't take any short cuts and would do everything the way you would want it done (even if you didn't know and it didn't show). Good Luck and hope your car is back on the road soon.
William Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:51 AM   #7
Regional Moderator

Geez Ken, I think we should give you a set those "BACK OFF" mudflaps!

I get very nervous when I see people inching up behind me. I don't think they realize how long the car is...well, actually they're just idiots.
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:48 PM   #8
German Rice Guru

I am extremely sorry to hear about you accident... Although I am ecstatic to hear you (and all involved) are fine...

Perhaps, we need to design a new decal for the rear spoiler? "If you can read this you are too close."

Your Friend,
Jay (PorscheBoy)

PorscheBoy is offline   Reply With Quote