986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fall Foliage Run planning (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479)

CharlesGordon 09-10-2003 05:37 AM

Fall Foliage Run planning

Time to plan the day for the run. Please respond to this thread with your availability. Please note I am not doing "votes" anymore because they are anonymous and we can't get a list of participants from it.

Saturday, 10/11 or Sunday 10/12?

CK of Bayside NY 09-10-2003 06:43 AM

Saturday is perfect for me.

ReyF 09-10-2003 06:51 AM

10/11 sounds good for us. Hopefully we'll hit the colors a little better this year. I should be flying with a friend in the area leaf peeping and will be able to keep an eye on things. According to the following website it *may* be a little late but it's too early to tell.

http://www.foliage-vermont.com/

-Rey

Mark C. 09-10-2003 08:30 AM

FWIW, the PCA has a foliage drive in Western MA/RI on that same weekend (Sunday 10/12).

I think I'm going to a friend's house in Manchester VT that weekend, but if not, we can probably join you.

ReyF 09-10-2003 01:00 PM

Mark,

That will be a sad excuse since we'll be going to Mansfield, VT to tear the Mt. Equinox rd......

-Rey

CharlesGordon 09-10-2003 02:04 PM

Hmm, looking at the foliage forecastts again I'm starting to have second thoughts about Columbus Day weekend. It looks like the weekend earlier would be optimum. On the other hand, we have lots of great western MA foliage which is later--and at least we would have that even though things might be brown at our destination point.

Any thoughts?

BrianF1960 09-11-2003 04:03 AM

Charlie -

In my VT school years, the peak foliage was always during the second week of October (about when Killington used to open for skiing). If it was earlier, it was due to summer droughts which moved the trees along quicker to drop their leaves.

At this point I can't commit to the date, but will join if two competing issues get resolved namely that I don't have to visit colleges that weekend with my high school senior daughter and that I have a Porsche to enjoy Equinox Mountain road in by then.

Glad to see this board is getting some activity again.

Brian

ReyF 09-11-2003 07:16 AM

Brian,

What's the deal? What happened with the 996?

-Rey

Mark C. 09-11-2003 07:47 PM

If you guys go to Equinox on the 12th, I can arrange a nice place for us to meet. My friend says the P-Cars are welcome, and the driveway will hold about 30 of them :)

BrianF1960 09-12-2003 06:39 PM

Rey -

The C2 Cab wasn't the car for me. The power was intoxicating, but the rest of the experience wasn't hitting me like the Boxster used to. It wasn't much fun to sit in commuter traffic to Boston in, it suffered through the rainy summer and wasn't getting driven as much as I wanted, and it was a huge amount of capital to tie up in a car that I wasn't 100% in tune with. I traded it for an 04 Audi A4 Quattro as I needed a new main car as my old "winter" car has been co-opted by my 17 year old daughter.

My current plan is to pick up a lightly used 03 Boxster S as soon as I can find one with the equipment level and colors on my short list. There are a few around now and it's just a matter of finding the one with the right mix.

Brian

donv 09-14-2003 06:10 AM

Currently either day (11th or 12th) works for us...

BTW, we found a long wonderfully curvy roller coaster of a road on the way back last time. Just have to find it again on a map... it included at least one VT covered bridge as well!

CharlesGordon 09-18-2003 08:58 AM

OK, I'm thinking more and more for Columbus day weekend as we originally thought. My idea is that if are are post-peak on top of Mt Equinox, that is no big deal--the vast majority of the ride is virtually guaranteed to be peak.

So far we have (on one or both dates):
-Rey & Juliette
-Constantine
-Mark C?
-Don V
-Brian (c'mon, there's a WHITE '03 2.7 with 10K demo miles on it in Nashua)

Anyone else want to chime in?

ReyF 09-18-2003 11:48 AM

Charlie,

We'll need to make sure we hit the old yahoo list and the list of people I've culled. What do you think about Mark's offer? Might make an interesting stop point....

-Rey

CharlesGordon 09-18-2003 02:24 PM

How about it, Mark? Where is your friend's house?

Mark C. 09-18-2003 06:05 PM

The house if off of Route 11 in Manchester. I'll check with him soon and let you guys know if we can make a stop there.

BrianF1960 09-18-2003 08:34 PM

Charlie -

It looks like I'll be visiting Ithaca College that weekend (Oct 11/12) with my daughter.

I have a few 03 S's in my sights too. I had one dealer offer me a new one for invoice less the $4K PCNA rebate. Given I didn't get the letter, the dealer is chasing PCNA to "grandfather" me due to my prior Porsche ownership. If it works out I'll have a new S very soon.

Brian

Drew 09-20-2003 06:44 AM

Is the Columbus Day weekend solid?

Kathryn and I dont think we can do that weekend, but would love to go if the dates change. What a blast last year!

colinblake 09-23-2003 06:44 AM

Loosey and I can't make it. We're away that weekend. 10/4 would work if you do decide to bring it forward.

Kevin the Slow 09-24-2003 04:23 AM

I had so much fun the last time, I'm in. Saturday is better for me. CK, if you want to run up together give me a call.

Kevin

P.S., will we be going to the same place for lunch? I think I was under dressed the last time. :)

Unregistered 09-27-2003 07:09 PM

Charlie -

It looks like the 11th will work after all as my daughter has SAT1's that day and we will go to Ithaca on the 12th/13th.

I'll also have the new car on the way to being broken in by then as I pick it up Tuesday. 2003 Boxster S Black/Black top/Savannah Beige interior. I'll post pix under a separate thread when I get it home and can take some digital pix.

See you then if it works out. The 5th would also work if we look for alternate dates.

Regards,

Brian