Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #1

Event Pics: Boxster Sunday '05-1 (7/24/05)

Well we ended up with great weather and a good set of folks participating. Six cars ended up in the event - 5 Boxsters and a 996TT; lineup photo below. Thanks to those that joined us: Peter and Terry, Rey and Juliette, Joe and Adalyce, Mark, Chad, and thanks to Monica for her great co-piloting/navigating from my cryptic route notes.

Except for a little discussion with the local police about "empassioned" driving, it was an uneventful ride.

We now have a list of emails to start with for notice of future events - if you are interested in getting on the mailing list, please just PM me.

Would love to see others' photos from the event...

-Don

Last edited by donv; 07-24-2005 at 05:07 PM.
donv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 05:41 PM   #2

put me on the list!!

Would have been great to be there this weekend!!! Let me know if there are any future events. I would love to see a porsche swap meet or some type of event in the Boston area. There is not too much going on around here.

Claudio
claudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:32 PM   #3

Do elaborate on the empassioned driving conversation with local law enforcement!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:12 PM   #4

I think we just missed you at Kimballs. Circumstances conspired to stop us getting there by 3:00 so we set off for Kimballs later. The place was like a zoo at about 5:45 when we got there, we somehow ended up in the event parking as we couldn't see an P-Cars.

About 6:00 we saw you all drive by, figured you were parking so we came looking but then realized you must have been leaving. Where did you park? Up in the big field we found too late? There was a gaggle of Impreza's up there but no Porsches's by the time we got there.

Glad you all had fun, the ice cream was great anyway!

Chris.
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:21 AM   #5

Bummer we missed you Chris!

I don't know why I didn't post or email you my cell #. Sorry. We were actually arriving at 6PM. Drive took a little longer than expected. We parked in this little dusty area and our cars were pretty well hidden. I think I saw you though leaving. Is your car black? If so you passed right by us. Oh well next time.

The drive was really nice (and reasonably relaxed). A few of us got a little sporting and ripped through a few curves at or above the speed limit . Apparently an off-duty Townsend (I think) officer saw and called his buddies. They pulled the group over and gave us a warning. Don (who wasn't part of the leadfoots) took the brunt of the warning from the officers. They were fairly cool though.

Lots of fun all around. Have a few pictures that I'll post up tonight. We threw around a couple ideas for the next drive.

I'm also willing to host a gtg at the house for working on the cars and having some BBQ.

-Rey
ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:39 AM   #6

Yes, Basalt Black, that was us! Oh well, next time!

I'd be very interested on a work on cars day, I seem to spend every weekend tinkering and always have questions, I may even have learned enough to be able to help others a little bit here and there.

So far I've installed a PC int he front trunk and indash screen for it with GPS, more stuff to add and I need to clean up the wiring a bit.

I ran my V1 wiring round the windscreen frame so I could power it from the Becker harness and place the remote by my right knee.

Installed the SmartTop, there really is nothing to it but if anyone is interested in seeing just how easy it really is!

Next is adding to the PC, installing an FM Modulator and then switches to control OBC, the spoiler and garage door openers. Need to get OBC turned on too but I have a plan for that...!

Chris.
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #7

For the ladies who inquired....

Ok, this is a little off topic from the drive...but a couple ladies inquired about my shoes....ok, so it's a "girl" thing intertwined with a drive....wonder if any of the guys noticed my fuzzy, sparkly shoes??

Anyway, ladies....a friend of mine made the shoes, she does a variety of them. You can check them out at
www.nanssunflips.com

-Juliette
jtai21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:57 PM   #8

First off, thanks to Don and his wife for putting this drive together.
It was my first time driving through most of the towns we went through. Nice areas, and very little traffic.
Thanks for letting us stretch our legs a bit a couple of times (sorry for getting a little out of control, I kept hearing those evil voices in my head)

I'm putting together a great drive in my area( Southeastern MA) hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned.

It was a real pleasure to drive around for almost 3 hours looking at really nice Boxsters from in front of me as well as behind me.
Chad, your car (987S) looks great. It makes me want one just as much as before. Best of luck with it.

Here's pics of the cars that participated.

Old 07-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #9

I'll second that, thanks to Don and his wife for putting together the drive. You certianly couldn't have picked a better day for it. My only suggestion would be in any future drive, we avoid any route which goes through Townsend...

Here are some of the pictures I snapped:

cr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote