Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2003, 03:36 AM   #1
Regional Moderator

Anybody else get a Porsche study invite?

I got a call yesterday to participate in a Porsche study in Boston on 2/17. Unfortunately, I can't make it. I was curious if others have had the same invite.

I'm especially disappointed I won't be able to grunt my disapproval of the Cayenne. They asked "does anyone in your family currently have an SUV?" which seemed to indicate that the session wouldn't be about the perception of Porsche holding back horsepower vs. M3 and C5 competitors, but would be a "feel the love" SUV fest.

CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 04:00 AM   #2

Cool No survey request

Well, they didn't call me, but I would be happy to participate. I have no problems with the Cayenne, especially if it is the big sales success I think it will be. Damn, if I needed a tow vehicle or another massive people hauler I would very seriously consider one. I don't buy into the notion that it somehow dilutes the Porsche brand to produce the Cayenne. Look, Porsche has survived the 914, 924 and other "less than a true Porsche" models in the past. In fact, when I traded in my C4S for my first Boxster several PCA members grumbled that the Boxster was not a real Porsche. Whatever! Make the tent larger, not smaller.
William Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #3

I got the call today, they left a vmail message for me at work... $100-200 for 1-2 hours so they can get my opinions on Porsche was all I've heard so far.

I'll call back tomorrow and see if I get a similar "Cayenne" feel from them.
donv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 07:14 AM   #4

Well the "Boxster Group" was filled when I called... which I only found out after they had asked me about the SUV thing too. From what I was told, looks like they're segmenting the input/focus groups on the basis of model type of current owners.
Old 02-08-2003, 06:31 AM   #5

Question phone number for survey

Please post the phone number for the survey. I'm feeling slighted that they didn't call me!

William Harris is offline   Reply With Quote