Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2002, 03:31 PM   #1

Question Seasonal Oil Change or 15,000 Mile Service Experiences?

Has anyone had the seasonal oil change done? I am looking for an average price, dealership experiences and recommendations.

I am within 3,000 miles of the 15,000-mile service so I may just go ahead and have that done in lieu of the seasonal oil change.

Any recommendations on a local dealership, costs and experiences on the 15,000 mile service?

K_Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:34 PM   #2
Regional Moderator

I had my car done in May, a one year interval for me. Price was about $250 (actually more because I had them do the annual state inspection at the same time). I guess my next service will be the 15K one, and I'm pretty sure they do more than just the oil. Dig out your owners manual; I think they list out the items for the service interval.

Work was done at Chambers, BTW. No complaints on this routine service.
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 06:42 PM   #3

I paid a tad more for my first year "oil service" in florida. I had around 10,000 miles at 12 months, so I decided not to wait until the 15,000 mile mark.
ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 07:12 PM   #4
Fran01SGR

I had a 1 year oil change only this past spring at 7K miles. Cost was $175 at Hoffman in Hartford (closest to me).
Old 11-25-2002, 09:55 AM   #5
RKirby

15K Service

I had my 15K service done a few weeks ago at P&W in Burlington. Their price wasn't cheap at ~$450, but they were convenient to my office. Did they do a good job? Who knows?

They did manage to screw up my softtop/frame when they tried to replace the headliner. This issue is yet to be resolved...

- Randy