Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum > GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2004, 05:06 AM   #1

Summer run ideas?

I think it's time to think about a Summer run. We've only done the Spring detail session so far. While BRBS was the ultimate blast for a long Boxster adventure I'm getting itchy for a NE area run. Charlie is basically going to stepping down from his organizational duties and it would be a shame to see the local group fade away. We need to keep it going! Hopefully we can get a run together soon and perhaps send Charlie and Sarah off in style.

So I would love to throw around a few ideas. Ad had suggested a Mt. Equinox drive earlier this year that got nixed. I would be up for trying that during the Summer and not have to battle all the leaf peepers. We've also had nice runs in the White Mts. in the past that we could repeat.

Let's hear of some ideas and settle on something and I'll take the reins and put it together.

-Rey

ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #2
CPB
Forum Member

Thumbs up Summer Run

I'd be up for a summer run in the White/Green mountains. I'm in RI and I head north on my bike all the time.

cb
CPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
Regional Moderator

I might still be able to join you guys. I still haven't sold my car, which at 3 weeks left before our move is getting me nervous...bizarre that I'm not getting any calls this time of year, eh?
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
Regional Moderator

By the way, I think I might still have the route from last year that we aborted because of the weather. It was a good route with 16 and some other great backroads in the White Mts.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:48 AM   #5

Charlie,

Since you can most likely join us, why don't we just pick one of the upcoming Saturdays and go from there. Juliette and I cannot do the 31st as it's her B'day and we have plans. Anything else will work. We can use the route you mention if you can dig it out.

-Rey
Old 07-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
If its a weekend, and its in August or later, I'm there. I'm from the White Mts area, so it would be a blast...

-kevin

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 03:25 PM   #7

The White Mts would be nice and very scenic. Have not been there in years. You guys that are more knowledgeable of the terrain should plan a trekk a la 6 speedonline.com
Old 07-12-2004, 08:29 AM   #8
Regional Moderator

Rey...the outlook isn't good at this point. I've more tasks than weekends ahead. On or around the 31st we'll be on the road to California.

The good news is I found a buyer for the Boxster, a fellow PCA member, so it is going to an excellent home!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:30 AM   #9

Charlie,

We're sorry to see you go as you're basically responsible for getting the local group together and keeping it going

If we don't see you before you go then I wish you and Sarah success in your move and venture. It takes guts to do it and make such changes in your lives.

Thanks so much for all the hard work you did in getting the group together and going. All the trips that Juliette and I went on were very well organized and we had a blast. Hopefully we can continue what you started.

Have a safe move and we wish you well!

Rey & Juliette

Old 07-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #10

Need a run down here in Arizona....maybe not during the summer though...IT'S HOT!! I put my top down for the first time in weeks because it was overcast! lol

Loved the car, but it was time to get something practical.
2005 Acura TL Nav
Nighthawk Black Pearl on Black
aesir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:12 PM   #11

Good luck Mr & Mrs Gordon, have a safe trip... hope to continue to "see" you here on the forum after the move!
Old 07-13-2004, 05:15 AM   #12
Regional Moderator

I appreciate the nice words. It was a pleasure to be a part of a group and I always got more from it than I put in. That first season, in 2001, was simply amazing. I have memories from it I will never forget.

I'll be visiting this board all the time, and if any of you guys are coming to Northern California, let me know. I'll be up for a ride on Rt 1 or Lake Tahoe anytime. I hope to be the proud owner of a 996 coupe soon.