986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   GBBG -- Greater Boston Boxster Group (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Concours at Inskip on Sunday June 6th (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1104)

BrianF1960 06-03-2004 07:21 AM

Concours at Inskip on Sunday June 6th

Inskip is sponsoring this event with PCA-NER. They will have lots of Porsche models on display and hope to have a Carrera GT onsite.

As they are my dealer, they sent me a separate invite, but I don't think you'd need this to attend.

The invite mentions food, entertainment, a concours event, and lots of nice cars on display.

i can't attend as I have my daughter's high school graduation that day, but thought some group members who are nearby may be interested.

CharlesGordon 06-03-2004 07:36 AM

Thanks Brian. Do you have more details? There is nothing on the NER site except for the name of the event and date.

BrianF1960 06-04-2004 04:54 AM

Here's what the invite says - hope it helps to fill in the details:

Porsche Club of America
Northeast Region
Porsche Concours d'Elegance
Sponsored by Inskip Porsche
Sunday June 6, 2004
9:15am to 3:00pm
Awards Ceremony at 2pm

Judging:
People's Choice by Model with Special Awards
A Non-Judged Display Area is also available

Inskip Porsche has made special arrangements to provide live music, free refreshments, and a race car display. In addition, Porsche Parts will be open with all parts prices discounted.

Entry fee for the Concours is $10

Rain Date will be the following Sunday, June 13th

Please come and enjoy the camaraderie of Nice People and Great Cars

CharlesGordon 06-04-2004 03:12 PM

Thanks Brian. Looks like it will be rained out. If so, I can definitely make it on June 13th..and with my car better prepped too. :)

BrianF1960 06-04-2004 06:31 PM

Charlie -

If it does get rained out, then I can make the 13th too. We'll have to meet up and drive down together. The BRBS folks will be back too, maybe Rey and Juliette will be up to join in our caravan.

Brian

CharlesGordon 06-05-2004 02:07 PM

That would be fun. We'll be coming down 495; maybe we can meet you in Marlborough somewhere off the highway.

CharlesGordon 06-10-2004 06:00 AM

We missed the event

I just talked to sales. They went forward with the event despite the weather. Turnout was still 75 cars, but it looks like this was way down from what they would have had.

Sorry this one won't work out.

-Charlie

ReyF 06-10-2004 06:44 AM

That's abummer. Juliette & I were thinking about going.

So Charlie,

What's the story with your car and can we get one last drive in? This Sunday is still a little busy for us but if we can plan out something soon that would be great!

-Rey

CharlesGordon 06-10-2004 11:23 AM

I was going to prep it for this concours, take home 1st place, ;) and put it on the market shortly.

I'm still going to put it up for sale after this weekend (detail mania). But I'm going to keep driving it till it sells. :)