Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Garage

Garage
Vehicle Name
Year 2004
Make Porsche
Model Boxster 986
Color Black
History I just bought it at 66,000 miles.
On 3/10/15 I hit 70,000 and I had the DOF kit installed and my flywheel and clutch were in horrible shape from whatever the driver did before me. Both replaced with OEM.
NOTE: for a 2004 Boxster 986 you need the back plate (pressure plate) from the type S clutch and the clutch for 04 986 to have the correct back pressure when letting off the clutch.

This was the case for mine. It might be a good time to have a lightweight flywheel installed because of labor cost.
Exterior GT cup headlight armor<--(these had to be removed to to new law) wasn't happy about that - New OEM center caps - Real Carbon Fiber Turbo Style wing - Tow hook License plate adapter

Interior Rennline Aluminum Pedal Set with Heel to toe add on, Lloyd Custom mats

Performance Upgrades BMC Sport Air Filte,
Porsche Boxster Carrera aluminum Short Shifter, ECU flash,
FabSpeed Supercup cat back
De-snorkle mod and Carbon Fiber Turbo Style wing

Engine / Under the Hood IMS DOF kit,De-Snorkel then added BMC Sport Air Filter, FabSpeed Super Cup exhaust, Function-First motor mount inserts (SPORT) and Carrera aluminum Short Shifter

Suspension stock for now

Wheels and Tires HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO2
Front 205/50/ZR-17
Rear 255/40/ZR-17