986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   DIY Project Guides (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Metropol Blue Paint Ideas (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53208)

Giller 07-14-2014 08:06 AM

Metropol Blue Paint Ideas

Hey all...just picked up my first Boxster last week and loving it! One thing I would like to do is fix up the inside. It's Arctic Silver with what I believe was called Metropol Blue interior. It's pretty chipped and scratched so thinking some sanding and painting is in order. Looks pretty straight forward - except for figuring out a colour scheme. I don't have any plans to take out or paint the main dash (I'm just not that skilled) so would appreciate some colour suggestions on what would compliment that blue. Thinking silver on the centre console? What parts are easy to disassemble in order to paint? What other colours would look good? Anyone with pics - love to see them to get some ideas.
Thanks all!

BoxsterSteve 08-02-2014 11:32 AM

Here you go...

Console & door pulls in Arctic Silver.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1407007923.jpg

Tasteful and no bling.

RayW 08-21-2014 05:01 AM

I think I have your twin. I picked it up late last fall, I'm just finishing up the IMS and clutch R&R, Interior and Paint are next. I'm not a big fan of silver, I'm trying to figure out what other color would look good with the Metropol Blue top and interior. It looks like you have the same carpet fade, have you looked into a solution for that? I think it could look nice if you could get it all back to the same shade of blue....

Giller 08-21-2014 05:40 AM

I spent a lot of time looking for colours that would compliment the blue yet still go nicely with the Arctic Silver exteriour and honestly, struggled. Silver and Blue go so well together (that's why Porsche matched them up in the first place) and seeing pictures of cars with a third colour thrown in kind of threw it off.
Of course, to each their own. Beauty is totally in the eye of the beholder.
As for the carpet - mine is faded just like Steve's. I used some Oxi Clean and that put a bit of life back in them but I imagine you would have to redye them to completely restore them. Lots of threads on here about that.

BoxsterSteve 08-21-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayW (Post 415403)
I think I have your twin. I picked it up late last fall, I'm just finishing up the IMS and clutch R&R, Interior and Paint are next. I'm not a big fan of silver, I'm trying to figure out what other color would look good with the Metropol Blue top and interior. It looks like you have the same carpet fade, have you looked into a solution for that? I think it could look nice if you could get it all back to the same shade of blue....

That's not carpet fade. It's a wicked strong flash photo on the garage, without the doors up. The carpet is slightly lighter in colour than all the plastic, though.
I originally wanted a Boxster red interior, but after seeing one in person, it was just a little too much. I'm diggin' the Metropol blue, as it's a bit more subtle.

MitchSF 08-21-2014 02:43 PM

I have the same interior and I don't believe the carpets are faded, either.

Dgnarvs 04-07-2015 06:16 AM

Resurrecting an old thread...

I'm currently refreshing my car and I have the same metropole blue interior. I wonder if changing the carpet black would look nice with the blue leather. The 'faded' look carpet just perpetually seem, well, faded. What do you guys think?

tonichristi 04-07-2015 07:08 AM

Blue on black is always a good choice.

There. I said something nice :p

BruceH 04-08-2015 06:19 AM

I agree, Black would look good with the Blue seats.

Dgnarvs 04-08-2015 08:07 AM

Thanks for your inputs, guys. All I needed to hear.

Off to the shop to get my carpets sorted!