Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2023, 04:03 PM   #1

1998 Low mileage Boxster Minnesota

MINNESOTA

Hello everyone, today I have for you all an automatic 1998 Porsche boxster, with 54,968 Miles on the odometer, in the classic red and with black interior. No major issues, I’m simply selling because I want more power, and I don’t have time for this car. There is a slight dent in the front right fender than can be popped out, which I’ll be doing soon if this car isn’t sold right away.

This car only spent 2 Years in Minnesota, and both winters were completely garage kept. Before that, it spent almost its entire life in Ohio

The AOS was recently replaced, and the oil was changed too.

Now onto the bad:

It is prior salvage title from a very light hit in the front

There is a problem with the locking mechanism, it doesn’t want to lock and makes a double beep.

The roof was swapped with a top with a glass window, and the condition of the roof was worse than I had hoped, the glass is peeling off and the soft top isn’t in amazing condition, but no rips or large stuff like that. Engine is perfect, everything works great. If you can fix those 2 issues, you’ve got a great boxster on your hands

I’m on mobile so I can’t submit photos, shoot me a text or call me at 763 339 9 zero58
Asking 9k OBO

Last edited by DaveRad; 03-30-2023 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Added location paragraph
DaveRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:22 PM   #2

Price reduction to 8k
Old 04-04-2023, 03:28 AM   #3
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Dave... figure out how to post pictures.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:56 AM   #4

Will be posting pics tonight, bump for attention
Old 04-07-2023, 02:58 PM   #5

Hey Dave, maybe update this thread to mention all the mechanical issues you're asking for help with (I'm assuming it's the same car)? Interested buyers should be informed of that...

Also, as someone who lives in MN, I'll say that I would not ever buy a car that's lived in this state. We throw down so much sand and salt during the winter that it's still around long after the snow melts. Even in the towns that don't "officially" use salt, independent guys throw it all over the place when they're hired for snow removal jobs.

To that end, you should probably take some pics of your underbody to reassure any potential buyers.

I'm not trying to sink you.... I'm just looking out for people who aren't aware of these things.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2023, 08:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
Hey Dave, maybe update this thread to mention all the mechanical issues you're asking for help with (I'm assuming it's the same car)? Interested buyers should be informed of that...

Also, as someone who lives in MN, I'll say that I would not ever buy a car that's lived in this state. We throw down so much sand and salt during the winter that it's still around long after the snow melts. Even in the towns that don't "officially" use salt, independent guys throw it all over the place when they're hired for snow removal jobs.

To that end, you should probably take some pics of your underbody to reassure any potential buyers.

I'm not trying to sink you.... I'm just looking out for people who aren't aware of these things.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I’ll update it as soon as I submit the pics, after the AOS was replaced I wasn’t having the engine codes for a little while, so I assumed I fixed that.

The car was stored after the first snowfall, and yesterday was the first day out on the road, but I’ll absolutely take pictures of the body