Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2022, 03:19 PM   #1

2000 Boxster 2.7L 5-speed

SOLD!

Selling my 2000 Boxster 2.7L 5 speed. I purchased the car in 2015 from a fellow forum member who was using it on the street and track. I used it exclusively as a track car from 2015 until early 2021. I put it on the road last year and have performed some work to make it a more enjoyable road car. Prior to my ownership the IMS bearing was replaced with a dual row bearing and GT3 front control arms were installed. The previous owner also installed a sport muffler (louder than stock but not annoyingly so). I installed a short shift kit a few years ago and had the shift cables replaced at the same time. Last year I had the soft top replaced and new 18” tires installed. This year I had the driver side drive shaft replaced with a good condition used part and a new water pump and belt installed. I also installed new brake pads and rotors at all 4 corners.

Mechanically the car is in great condition with no known issues. Currently has 105,XXX miles.

The interior is 8/10. Seats in good condition and air conditioning works well. Interior issues are missing sun visor mirror covers, degrading foam tape in a/c ducts that occasionally comes out of the vents, and rear shelf speakers no longer work (connected to the wiring in the rear on the car, may be issue with amplifier or aftermarket head unit installation).

The exterior is 5/10. The paint shows many chips and is faded on the trunk and hood. The paint on the wheels is chipped and the metal is tarnished. The car looks ok from 10 feet but noticeable imperfections when closer.

Located in Mullica Hill, NJ. Asking $9,000 obo. Please message for more information or to see the car.

Last edited by Zeusanova; 09-08-2022 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Sold
Zeusanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 06:32 AM   #2

Asking price lowered
Old 08-15-2022, 04:02 AM   #3
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Why is the plate covered up?

What is the VIN?
Old 08-15-2022, 05:48 AM   #4

I have always kept my tags covered when listing cars or bikes for sale and whenever I have taken them on the track. Just an old habit.

The VIN is WP0CA2980YU623573
Old 09-08-2022, 09:46 AM   #5

SOLD!

Thanks everybody.