Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #1

Garage
3.8L Flat6Innovations/Bilt Racing 2001 Boxster S $29.5K NJ

This modified 2001 Porsche Boxster S finished in Seal Gray over black leather and powered by a freshly built mid-mounted Flat 6 Innovations 3.8L Stage II Track Performer. The fresh build has seen no track time. The Stage II Track Performer includes extensive cylinder head porting, billet connecting rods and LN Engineering “Nickies” billet cylinders plated with Nikisil. This build also includes new JE pistons, heads rebuilt and refurbished with new valve guides installed, new coated rod bearings, LN Engineering IMS Solution, new clutch, new dual mass flywheel and pressure plate, new air oil separator (M96 5 chain) and OEM fluids. The exhaust including headers, cats, and mufflers were replaced with a complete catless Fabspeed system including sport headers that was previously used on the personal car of one of LN Engineering’s founders. Additionally, this build has a Flat Six Innovations oil cooler and a low temperature oil thermostat fitted to the engine.

The build includes a 74mm IPD Plenum and upgraded IPD 74mm throttle body package (up from 68mm stock) that adds considerable performance gains which can be felt throughout the entire power band making the driving experience even more visceral.

Reconditioned and race prepped rear axle shafts by CVJ Axles in Denver, CO with custom treatments to the inside of the joints, proper vent tubes to allow hot air to escape and special greases were installed in January 2020 with only street miles on them. The front suspension is upgraded with RSS adjustable front control arms. An aggressive street alignment was performed and brand new tires were fitted with less than 1K miles. The brake pads are practically new and four new rotors accompany the car.

The six speed manual is connected to a Numeric shifter and Numeric racing cables. Numeric Racing’s Patented ball bearing adjustable short throw shifter is used in almost every Porsche race team in America. CNC machined from aerospace grade aluminum, stainless steel hardware and includes precision ball bearings to ensure undeniable accuracy. Numeric Racing’s Performance Shifter Cables include a wider diameter cable, aluminum rod ends and stainless steel mounting connectors. This assembly greatly improves the overall strength, performance, and durability of the cables. This results in a significant enhancement throughout gear engagement and cable longevity.

The car was delivered from the factory with painted rear center console, painted roll bar, headlight washers, wheel caps with colored Porsche crest, cruise control, heated seats, automatic climate control and Porsche Windstop. The exterior has been completely de-ambered. The headlights have been upgraded to de-ambered Litronic Xenon. In addition to the de-ambered headlights, the sidelights have been upgraded to smoked side lights with silvered bulb and the taillights were upgraded with smoked after-market units. The exterior of the car has a few additional improvements including body colored painted bumperettes from Bumper Plugs and a Gemballa rear diffuser that was professionally color matched, painted and installed by Paterek Brothers.

A complete sound system was professionally designed and installed by Sound Auto in Hamilton, NJ. The system includes a double DIN Pioneer AVH-4100NEX head unit with Apple CarPlay, Morel Virtus 503 3-way component speaker system, Audison SR5 540 Watt 5 channel amp, and JL 8” subwoofer. The Audison amp sits in a custom-made false floor in the front trunk. The JL sub is in a custom made fiberglass subwoofer enclosure in the passenger footwell. USB 2.0 power extension cables with 12v power supply run to the roll bar behind the driver’s head.

The top was upgraded to a new GAHH A5 convertible soft top with a glass rear window with defrost in the second half of 2016 and still looks brand new.

The wheels are Fikse FM10 with brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE71R summer performance tires. The front fenders have been rolled to perfectly fit the 245/40/18s. The rears are 275/35/18.

In 2018 the car was fitted with upgraded ignition coils from Flat 6 Innovations, new spark plugs and new camshaft and crankshaft position sensors. In the spring of 2017, a new alternator, engine wiring harness and front trunk pneumatic support struts were installed.

The pedals have been upgraded to Rennline 4 piece Aluminum Pedal set including the Rennline Throttle Extension. There is a Rennline fire extinguisher and seat bracket under the passenger seat. The rollover extension bar is from Krey Brause.

This Boxster S is extremely well maintained and well loved but it is a driver and there are imperfections in the paint and around the rear diffuser. The car will also be delivered with a set of 17” Turbo wheels with Hankook Ventus tires and two never mounted fronts.
I purchased the car in October 2012. Within a year it suffered catastrophic failure and required a rebuild. Knowing I needed a rebuild and Flat6Innovations (Jake Raby) is the best, that is where I went. At Jake’s direction we sourced a 911 block and the 3.8L Flat Six Innovations Stage II 3.8L was built. This motor ran great until, and I’m quoting Charles (LN Engineering/Bilt Racing), “ the cats failed requiring the engine to be rebuilt to correct the damage to the engine”. This is the invoice that is included in the listing. When the cats failed, I contacted Flat6/Jake but they had a very long wait list. Jake referred me to Charles. The car was shipped to LN Engineering / Bilt Racing on Mother’s Day 2019 and would take about six months. While it was being rebuilt I came across a car that was a perfect fit for me. After a lot of no’s from my wife (keep in mind that this car was built with the intention of being mine for a long time), she finally acquiesced. The key was not missing another track season. I work long hours and the few weekends per year that I am able to get to the track mean a lot to me and my wife gets that. So, the plan was to sell the car in the spring of 2020. My very generous friend, who lives about an hour away from me, offered to take delivery at his house and store the car for me on his lift until the spring when I would list it for sale. That was December 2019 / January2020. In January 2020 my mother was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer. All of my energy and free time went to her. Then COVID hit. In order to keep my mother in our bubble we took zero unnecessary risks. While I wanted to drive the car, which was an hour away by the way, I did not want to take the risk of a) being exposed and b) something happening to the car that I was planning to sell. Putting the plan in action now that we are all vaccinated

Driver’s side seat heater currently is not operational.

Factory option codes:
XME - Centre console painted in exterior color
XMK - Roll-over bar painted in exterior color
139 - Seat heating, left
288 - Headlamp washer
340 - Seat heating, right
446 - Wheel caps with colored Porsche crest
454 - Automatic speed control
502 - Produced at Valmet plant in Uusikaupunki, Finland
551 - Wind deflector
601 - Litronic (xenon) headlamps

Photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/3_8l_boxster/

Videos:
https://youtu.be/ijAydHGRyrQ
https://youtu.be/Qrni7wJo9hE
https://youtu.be/__-WA1wn04k

Attached Images
File Type: pdf LN Engineering receipt 2.pdf (139.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf LN Engineering receipt 1.pdf (134.4 KB, 82 views)
507fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:45 AM   #2

Garage
The car is sold.

507fan is offline   Reply With Quote